Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've just finished my AS levels and I'd really love to study psychology at uni (hopefully Birmingham) but I'm also considering Kent, Loughborough and Southampton. I know that it's a really competitive degree so I'm a bit anxious about my grades.

I got ABBBBBCCCCC at GCSE which is really bad by TSR standards, I know. With a B in psychology.

I carried on with it at sixth form and my AS results are as follows...
    A in English Literature
    B in Psychology (gutted about this as I've been getting A's all year)
    B in Health and Social Care (dropping it)
    C in Biology

I'm aiming for A*AB with an A in a Psychology related EPQ. Most of the typical uni offers are AAB with a science and an A in the EPQ. Do you think I stand a chance?

ReputationRep:
    I think you definitely do stand a chance
    I received an offer from UOB for Psychology for BBB (A2: Psych, Bio & Chem), my AS results were BCCD (Psych, Bio, Chem & EngLit respectively)
    In the end I didn't get the place, my A2 results were ABC, despite the A being in Psych.
    I did however get a place at Aston for BScPsych
    (This was all in 2014)

Your AS results are really good by the way, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousecheese)
    I think you definitely do stand a chance
    I received an offer from UOB for Psychology for BBB (A2: Psych, Bio & Chem), my AS results were BCCD (Psych, Bio, Chem & EngLit respectively)
    In the end I didn't get the place, my A2 results were ABC, despite the A being in Psych.
    I did however get a place at Aston for BScPsych
    (This was all in 2014)

Your AS results are really good by the way, congratulations!
    That's so relieving to hear! and ahaha thank you! I'm so much happier with them compared to my GCSES how was your experience at Aston?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachyray)
    That's so relieving to hear! and ahaha thank you! I'm so much happier with them compared to my GCSES how was your experience at Aston?
    Your welcome, so glad I could help
    I'm going into my 3rd year now- which will be my placement year (I strongly recommend doing a placement year ). So far its going good, although I didn't think the course would be so minimal, in that we have like 5 lectures a week, but I think thats just the nature of the actual degree.
    Best of luck with your A2's!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.