Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im generally not good with applications but j have a lot of skills and experience and degree but i can't seem to write anything and before i got a lot of rejections . Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The NHS is a failing, elitist, horribly managed service over-run by foreigners - don't bother applying there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justfedup)
    Im generally not good with applications but j have a lot of skills and experience and degree but i can't seem to write anything and before i got a lot of rejections . Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was in the same position as yourself- I applied for Band 2-4 NHS jobs (and am a band 5 paramedic with previous hospital and nursing home experience), all the jobs that I applied for, I made sure that I had all the essential requirements and most of the desirable ones too before I applied for a position. I was amazed at the amount of positions where I didn't even get selected for interview stage, and I would phone up the recruitment team and ask for feedback! Many just came back with "oh it was so close and we can only choose 10 for interviews", and the interviews were much the same, " oh the candidate we chose for the job had more experience in the department that yourself (for a trainee band 2 position!), I since found out that many are recruited internally and that they have to obviously invite a few non-NHS staff for interviews, which I totally appreciate, but got completely disheartened when you thought you stood a good chance and the interviews went well, not knowing that your interview was just a formality and you didn't have a hope of getting the job at all!
    Don't get too disheartened, you will get there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.