tom_matee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I've just gotten my GCSE results back. I'd preferably like to do A-Level Maths & Physics, however, i'm unsure as to whether i'll cope or not. I am undecided as of yet, on a third option.

I got a B in maths, a B in Core science (B in P1-3 on OCR 21st C) and an A in additional (A* in P4-6) Until october of year 11 (October 2015) I was going to do the foundation paper, i'd gotten a D in the year 11 mock, but I tried to learn all of the topics as quickly as I could and managed to get a B. I'm only really good at algebra and trig, I sucked at the rest if i'm honest.

Any advice would be nice, thanks
LoofMan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths is a really finickity thing. I got a B when I did my GCSE's and I went on to do the full A level, with the first year achieving a lovely solid E but bumping it up to a C this year. Trig is a really big part of the A level, and so is algebra obviously but there's still a really large jump from GCSE trig to A level trig. If you really enjoy Maths and are allowed to do it, by all means go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (56)
15.56%
I'm not sure (11)
3.06%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (123)
34.17%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.67%
I'm not a current university student (164)
45.56%

Watched Threads