Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What I like about PHYSICS... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

i have to do this stupid application form and i need to complete the statement

"What I like about physics is..."

Any old rubbish that sounds good is great!!

rewarded with plenty of +rep!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyLP4)
    Hi

ummm...i dropped physics! i wasnt very good at it
    but i would blabber on about how it is good for logical minds and interesting how all the theories interelate... :confused: actually im not sure if they do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

rep is not good enough - cash only :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

er, im not too sure if the rep you give will count for anything anyway! i have over 700 posts and still only give out blue gems :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i literally cant think of one think i like about physics :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

It is the subject that allows us to understand more and more about our entire universe.

ReputationRep:
    physics is gay, i dropped it after the first year! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    physics is gay, i dropped it after the first year! :mad:
    Physics is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Physics is the best.
    no it isnt! tell me one situation where we need to use physics! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Physics is the best.
    physics is great - starting to regret not applying to do it at uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Well..I can really help u here...I love physics..and just did A level physics..
    what kind of stuff do you need?
    ....can u give me a better idea?

ReputationRep:
    oh...that's easy!
    everyone needs to know where all the supernova's are in the universe, or how many newtons in an average sized traffic light

ReputationRep:
    physics is the subject that holds the science together. Chemistry is just a branch of physics, and biologist have been getting things wrong all these years. They've only started making any progress beyond philosophy as they've delved into genetics, and that's just chemistry, which is just physics. Physics IS science, you cant do science to a great depth without understanding at least some areas of physics.

Furthermore physics is what we use to understand the world, it represents what we have accomplished and reveals the fields of knowledge ahead of us. It is the one with the unanswered questions and the mysteries. And it is thanks to physics that we have made so much progress in society. Just as a brief example: The aeroplane would be nowhere without physics.

So i take my hat off to the greatest objective subject there is.

(The purest subject there is is maths, and that's the foundation of physics. The greatest subjective subject is philosophy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    oh...that's easy!
    everyone needs to know where all the supernova's are in the universe, or how many newtons in an average sized traffic light
    i went pass grantchester yesterday

ReputationRep:
    In a Physics degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    physics is the subject that holds the science together. Chemistry is just a branch of physics, and biologist have been getting things wrong all these years. They've only started making any progress beyond philosophy as they've delved into genetics, and that's just chemistry, which is just physics. Physics IS science, you cant do science to a great depth without understanding at least some areas of physics.

Furthermore physics is what we use to understand the world, it represents what we have accomplished and reveals the fields of knowledge ahead of us. It is the one with the unanswered questions and the mysteries. And it is thanks to physics that we have made so much progress in society. Just as a brief example: The aeroplane would be nowhere without physics.

(The purest subject there is is maths, and that's the foundation of physics. The greatest subjective subject is philosophy).
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i went pass grantchester yesterday
    hehe!! you know where it is now!! which part of it did you go by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)

Well said! Physics is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    hehe!! you know where it is now!! which part of it did you go by?
    hehe, check PM. dont wanna take over the thread..

ReputationRep:
    Hi

What do you like about it? Shouldn't you like it if you're going to study it?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.