Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an E in Physics, D in Chem, C in Biology, and B in Maths

Shall i retake ALL the sciences nxt yr, or just the physics and chem?
    PS. i wanna study medicine at uni.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I would suggest you retake them all to increase your chances of getting in.

ReputationRep:
    Is this GCSE or A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadToGradeA)
    Is this GCSE or A level?
    IGCSE edexcel in the sciences and AQA GCSE in math

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)

I would say retake sciences, since a lot of sixth forms require at least a B minimum in sciences that you want to choose. Plus with better GCSEs, Some unis will place you above others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadToGradeA)
    I would say retake sciences, since a lot of sixth forms require at least a B minimum in sciences that you want to choose. Plus with better GCSEs, Some unis will place you above others.
    ok thxs for advice!!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely biology and definitely physics. Maths no. Chemistry is up to you. Don't want to overload yourself and end up not doing as well as you could though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcjelliee)
    Definitely biology and definitely physics. Maths no. Chemistry is up to you. Don't want to overload yourself and end up not doing as well as you could though.
    kk thxs. Might o all three, i though i done well in Bio but probs not good enough in med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)

Most unis that offer Medicine ask for around 7/8 As or A*s at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    lol take medicine out of your head mate, start looking at our courses you can do.
    trust me when i say if you got those grades at GCSE, which is a walk in the park, your not going to do much better at A-level, if you pick those subjects. there maybe a 1 in a 1000 chance of it happening, unlike what ppl on TSR like to claim.
    also really ask why you wanted to do medicine, most people by A-level or after the first year realize they didnt really want to do it or dont want to anymore. Anyways gonna be honest very unlikely to do medicine with those grades, pick some easier A-levels and get good grades at those and carry on your life.

Also very few people retake or want to retake GCSEs when doing A-level. Then again GCSE are easy as hell, so i guess you could if you wanted to. Also great GCSEs dont really mean much ( this coming froma person who got great GCSE's , all unis care about is a B/A at maths and english Lang ), unless you want to do medicine and a few other high end courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    lol take medicine out of your head mate, start looking at our courses you can do.
    trust me when i say if you got those grades at GCSE, which is a walk in the park, your not going to do much better at A-level, if you pick those subjects. there maybe a 1 in a 1000 chance of it happening, unlike what ppl on TSR like to claim.
    also really ask why you wanted to do medicine, most people by A-level or after the first year realize they didnt really want to do it or dont want to anymore. Anyways gonna be honest very unlikely to do medicine with those grades, pick some easier A-levels and get good grades at those and carry on your life.

Also very few people retake or want to retake GCSEs when doing A-level. Then again GCSE are easy as hell, so i guess you could if you wanted to. Also great GCSEs dont really mean much ( this coming froma person who got great GCSE's , all unis care about is a B/A at maths and english Lang ), unless you want to do medicine and a few other high end courses.
    yh GCSEs are easy as hell, IGCSEs ARENT easy as hell. You know what? I messed up, but i know i can do better, i got those grades bcz i didn't work hard enough not bcz im academically unable.
    Thxs for you advice but NO, i will retake these exams, work harder, then get the grades i want.
    Remember: Success makes you strong, but failure makes you unstoppable.
    I dont believe everyone has amazing grades, unless there geniuses, there bound to fail at least once while in med or even getting a C might be a fail to them. So im not giving up on my dream, im giving up on slacking.
    But again thank you for the advice, im sure you want the best for me, and i cant blame u for thinking that i shouldn't become a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I would retake physics and chemistry and if ur sixth form doesn't allow u to do biology at a level with a c then that as well otherwise just work hard at it at alevel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.