Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1A* - English Literature
    6A - Maths, Philosophy, French, Business, Art and ICT.
    7B - English Language, Triple Science, Spanish, Geography and PE.

ReputationRep:
    Not the results of a typical medicine applicant (especially with your B's in Science), but with a lot of hard work at A-level it's definitely possible. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    Not the results of a typical medicine applicant (especially with your B's in Science), but with a lot of hard work at A-level it's definitely possible. Good luck!
    Ahh ok I understand, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CiCi18)
    1A* - English Literature
    You are good enough for anything you chose to you, i believe you can do it, just believe in yourself and smash these a levels, thats the main thing that matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathSci1999)
    You are good enough for anything you chose to you, i believe you can do it, just believe in yourself and smash these a levels, thats the main thing that matters
    Aww thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You meet the GCSE entry requirements for most of the medical schools so it should be ok. Just work hard during A levels and get 3/4 A's and do work experience Good luck! everything is possible.

ReputationRep:
    It probably won't be easy for you because medicine is obviously very competitive and plus your sciences are at Bs but just work hard for A levels because that is what really matters. I want to study law in the future but didn't get the best grades possible either but I will definitely work harder for A levels and achieve my personal goals. Nevertheless you did great, well done for them and prepare and work hard for A levels. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is probably the most competitive course, with a very higher applicant to offer ratio.
    It is definitely possible if try apply to universities that place less emphasise on GCSEs, and more on work experience, voluntary work, A levels etc.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    You meet the GCSE entry requirements for most of the medical schools so it should be ok. Just work hard during A levels and get 3/4 A's and do work experience Good luck! everything is possible.
    Thank you, and yeah I am trying to gain work experience soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    It probably won't be easy for you because medicine is obviously very competitive and plus your sciences are at Bs but just work hard for A levels because that is what really matters. I want to study law in the future but didn't get the best grades possible either but I will definitely work harder for A levels and achieve my personal goals. Nevertheless you did great, well done for them and prepare and work hard for A levels. Good luck!!
    Aha yeah a bit worried but thank you I hope you'll manage to ace your A levels and successfully pursue your career as lawyer too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baaah)
    Medicine is probably the most competitive course, with a very higher applicant to offer ratio.
    It is definitely possible if try apply to universities that place less emphasise on GCSEs, and more on work experience, voluntary work, A levels etc.

Good luck
    Ahh thank you! Would you be able to recommend any universities that are not as heavily reliant on GCSE's? Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    1A* - English Literature
    Imperial, BSMS, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Durham, Lancaster and Cambridge are your friends.

Edit: Also, how do you get an A* in Lit, but a B in Lang?

ReputationRep:
    Aha yeah a bit worried but thank you I hope you'll manage to ace your A levels and successfully pursue your career as lawyer too!
    Maybe this page will be of help. (read the 'other requirements' column too)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Imperial, BSMS, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Durham, Lancaster and Cambridge are your friends.

Edit: Also, how do you get an A* in Lit, but a B in Lang?
    Aww thank you for the recommendations! Even the idea of Cambridge seems so surreal to me! Well, I was literally only a mark off an A in language which annoyed the living hell out of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baaah)
    Maybe this page will be of help. (read the 'other requirements' column too)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements
    Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.