Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

It's just stuck me as a bit superficial, that's all.

Anyway that's my thought of the day! thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

happy birthday mike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Happy birthday, but I know what you mean. Same goes with Christmas. Just seems like a massive anti-climax now. I actually struggle to get excited about anything anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Happy Birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Well said, I know exactly what you mean.
    Happy birthday btw

ReputationRep:
    i first realised how mundane birthdays can be when i was ten- i woke up, and wasn't excited, and i couldn't understand why. since then it's been a good thing to look forward to, but after 18 of them it can get a bit monotonous i guess. after all it's another day, just it's your day

happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people

ReputationRep:
    happy bday!!!!!!!!!!
    i know what you mean about them feeling different though...my parents always used to tell they arent intersting when you grow up, and i never thought my birthday would feel like a normal day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aww happy birthday anyway, I promise you turning 18 will feel a lot more special legally an adult! That will be me tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people
    birthdays are crap - never get excited, because you'll always end up disappointed

ReputationRep:
    nah i dont get much excitement either, just an excuse for drinking too much really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

HAHA, the lack of happiness kicking in.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!

Will you complain if I gave you rep just because it was your birthday? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm a hypocrite! lol
    :cool:

Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...

(Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...
    Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.

(Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.
    But it lacked that unique aspect...

(Original post by Cate)
    My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.
    I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?
    I'm not saying it on here. But she managed to make it a really crap day :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.