This discussion is closed.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

It's just stuck me as a bit superficial, that's all.

Anyway that's my thought of the day! thanks for reading
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

happy birthday mike
icklehc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)

happy birthday
Pzyko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)

Happy birthday, but I know what you mean. Same goes with Christmas. Just seems like a massive anti-climax now. I actually struggle to get excited about anything anymore.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)

Happy Birthday
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)

Well said, I know exactly what you mean.
Happy birthday btw
priya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i first realised how mundane birthdays can be when i was ten- i woke up, and wasn't excited, and i couldn't understand why. since then it's been a good thing to look forward to, but after 18 of them it can get a bit monotonous i guess. after all it's another day, just it's your day

happy birthday
john !!
Rep:
?
I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people
neha p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
happy bday!!!!!!!!!!
i know what you mean about them feeling different though...my parents always used to tell they arent intersting when you grow up, and i never thought my birthday would feel like a normal day :rolleyes:
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aww happy birthday anyway, I promise you turning 18 will feel a lot more special legally an adult! That will be me tomorrow...
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people
birthdays are crap - never get excited, because you'll always end up disappointed
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nah i dont get much excitement either, just an excuse for drinking too much really
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)

HAHA, the lack of happiness kicking in.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Happy Birthday!

Will you complain if I gave you rep just because it was your birthday? :rolleyes:
john !!
Rep:
?
No, because I'm a hypocrite! lol
:cool:
tis_me_lord
Report 16 years ago
Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...
Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.
tis_me_lord
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by roseonthegrave)
Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.
But it lacked that unique aspect...

(Original post by Cate)
My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.
I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?
I'm not saying it on here. But she managed to make it a really crap day :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
22.42%
No (173)
77.58%

Watched Threads