Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

It's just stuck me as a bit superficial, that's all.

Anyway that's my thought of the day! thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It's my 17th birthday today, but it doesn't really feel special like it did before..

I never thought about it much, but it's not very important... yay, the Earth has been around the sun exactly 17 times in my life.. wohoo. Anyone else know what I mean? I don't even care about presents really, all the things I care about and I want can't be given to me as birthday presents, stuff like a nice girl, good family and friends, good exam results, the things that matter.

happy birthday mike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Happy birthday, but I know what you mean. Same goes with Christmas. Just seems like a massive anti-climax now. I actually struggle to get excited about anything anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Happy Birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Well said, I know exactly what you mean.
    Happy birthday btw

ReputationRep:
    i first realised how mundane birthdays can be when i was ten- i woke up, and wasn't excited, and i couldn't understand why. since then it's been a good thing to look forward to, but after 18 of them it can get a bit monotonous i guess. after all it's another day, just it's your day

happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people

ReputationRep:
    happy bday!!!!!!!!!!
    i know what you mean about them feeling different though...my parents always used to tell they arent intersting when you grow up, and i never thought my birthday would feel like a normal day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aww happy birthday anyway, I promise you turning 18 will feel a lot more special legally an adult! That will be me tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I guess it happens earlier for some people.. it's not what it was like when I was 8 year old I was really happy...

meh!

thanks for the happy birthdays people
    birthdays are crap - never get excited, because you'll always end up disappointed

ReputationRep:
    nah i dont get much excitement either, just an excuse for drinking too much really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

HAHA, the lack of happiness kicking in.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!

Will you complain if I gave you rep just because it was your birthday? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm a hypocrite! lol
    :cool:

Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...

(Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Happy Birthday, i know what you mean - i spent most of my 16th here on UKL wasting my time, it just didn't seem that special a day...
    Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.

(Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Every day on UKL is a special day, don't talk nonsense.
    But it lacked that unique aspect...

(Original post by Cate)
    My 16th birthday was the worst birthday ever. My mum ruined it completely.
    I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see my mum on mine so that was alright, what did yours do?
    I'm not saying it on here. But she managed to make it a really crap day :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.