The Student Room Group

I need to find Educational Psychology work experience - please help!

So I'm studying psychology at A-Level and I'm really interested in becoming an educational psychology (I'm thinking of studying Education and Psychology at uni). I really need to find some suitable work experience in this area and I don't know where to start.
I know that many psychologists have strict confidentiality rules so it is difficult but if anyone else has done something related I would be really grateful for some help! (I live in East Devon by the way if anyone knows anything in this part of the country.)
Original post by EllAnn
So I'm studying psychology at A-Level and I'm really interested in becoming an educational psychology (I'm thinking of studying Education and Psychology at uni). I really need to find some suitable work experience in this area and I don't know where to start.

I know that many psychologists have strict confidentiality rules so it is difficult but if anyone else has done something related I would be really grateful for some help! (I live in East Devon by the way if anyone knows anything in this part of the country.)

I'm currently working with an educational psychologist for my Nuffield Research Placement. If you've just finished Year 12 then you won't be able to apply to the Nuffield scheme because it's for Year 12 students, but if not you could check it out.

My supervisor works at a university and I'm currently based there, so I'd say have a look at university websites, look at the department staff for psychology and contact them. Have a look out for subject specific university residentials too, you could ask your psychology teacher about it, or email university admissions staff for psychology and ask for advice, google search, or have a look at the British Psychological Society's website: http://careers.bps.org.uk/area/school/work-experience. Good luck. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest