The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

University of Sunderland-London campus.

Hiya,

I had applied for f/t postgraduate studies in Tourism at the University of Greenwich, Westminster, LSBU and the University of Sunderland-London campus. I have received offers from all of the preceding universities.The University of Sunderland- London campus has a very cheap tuition fees for their MSc in Tourism & Hospitality. For instance, it is £ 4500. This is half the amount that the above universities charge for the same course.

Consequently, this makes me wonder if the quality of teaching at the University of Sunderland-London campus is good? There is very little reviews on the University of Sunderland-London campus.Secondly, Greenwich vs Westminster Vs LSBU which one is better for post graduate studies in Tourism ? Any feedback/ advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you!
Same thoughts here..... Anyone?
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
As with any university you need to ask for the core data around the evidence about the student experience from each institution. This campus is a private company you need to ask for the specific data becasue it will be subsumed within that of the bigger campus up North. Core questions to help you decide with each institution:

1. What percentage of students obtained a first or 2:1?
2. What is the drop-out rate?
3. How many students obtained graduate salaried jobs following their course
4. What is the student:staff ratio?
5. Ask how about the staff's teaching/research background.
5.Ask about placements, employer visits and career support

VISIT and check out the environment. Do you like it? Essential part of any big choice - check it out: atmosphere, staff (all levels), refreshment areas, student socieities/union support, study areas and IT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending