Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We've been out for 6 months now and I always knew about his huge flaw was timing and he knows it... and doesn't do anything about it... I tried to get him to improve but he never does.

In first few months, he tried like we'll talk daily then came in lots of work; so it got harder and before he went on holiday we was fine... then he couldn't video call due to terrible connection. Now his home he said he was super busy and back to work (his going to University at beginning of October in UK) He now never tells me whats going on back to square one, except now its even worse... his ignoring me on facebook for the past day and forgot to be on at night time when he said he'll be on for the entire night, nothing yet and keeps ignoring.

His also late... always (btw his Italian they always bad at timing but his a new level)

What would you do?

A) Give him one day and end
    B) See reason then decide
    C) Finish him, his timing a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he has a life of his own. Thumbs up to him for living his life the way he wants to.

Talk to him and say it's a deal breaker. Work on it together. If you want to throw in the towel so easily then do so and find a guy who's around when you want him to be.

ReputationRep:
    It is not his timing. That is the excuse he's giving you to excuse the fact he's basically just not being invested in the relationship. He promises you he will be on and doesn't come, he ignores you, he doesn't seem remorseful or like he's missing you.

I would personally finish with him. LDR's can work, but not like this. It's not worth it if it's happening only six months in.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Sounds like he has a life of his own. Thumbs up to him for living his life the way he wants to.

Talk to him and say it's a deal breaker. Work on it together. If you want to throw in the towel so easily then do so and find a guy who's around when you want him to be.
    His never on, his goes on holiday I say talk 20 minutes to 1 hour as his on holiday; internet was poor so it was hard wasn't annoyed. He comes back says his super busy, I say ok when we talk next? He says 1am till morning I say ok and go to sleep early.

He then doesn't come on and ignores everything over being " busy " how is that logical and throwing in towl so easily? Am I a pet or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    His never on, his goes on holiday I say talk 20 minutes to 1 hour as his on holiday; internet was poor so it was hard wasn't annoyed. He comes back says his super busy, I say ok when we talk next? He says 1am till morning I say ok and go to sleep early.

He then doesn't come on and ignores everything over being " busy " how is that logical and throwing in towl so easily? Am I a pet or something?
    People who love you are never too busy for you, in my personal opinion, and they certainly don't say "I'll meet you at inserttime" and then just don't show up. At least not this frequently. He's a flake and he's not giving the relationship the dedication it needs. Don't waste your time if you're not happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in an LDR for over a year and what makes this work is communication, trust and respect. I don't see any of that in this case. It's not worth putting yourself through all of this heartache with someone who is not cooperating.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If he is not making the effort, is he worth the time?

(Original post by PandaCalavera)
    People who love you are never too busy for you, in my personal opinion, and they certainly don't say "I'll meet you at inserttime" and then just don't show up. At least not this frequently. He's a flake and he's not giving the relationship the dedication it needs. Don't waste your time if you're not happy.
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    I'm in an LDR for over a year and what makes this work is communication, trust and respect. I don't see any of that in this case. It's not worth putting yourself through all of this heartache with someone who is not cooperating.
    I'm giving him one day or I'm going to end it permeantly I said it to him. Thanks for opinion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.