Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me why I would have a B overall if I already got 80% A* in my dance GCSE because I'm pretty sure I did alright in my theory.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you didn't get an A. Do you know what UMS you received rather than percentages? It also may be the case that you got something like 79.7%, which would be rounded up to 80 just to make numbers easier (for your teacher, for example) but wouldn't actually hit the A grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadeehopee)
    Can someone please tell me why I would have a B overall if I already got 80% A* in my dance GCSE because I'm pretty sure I did alright in my theory.
    it does depend what the final 20% is - if you got a C or a D then it would pull your grade down. like in french i got A* in 80% but then a B in the final 20%, pulling my grade down to an A. (but i'm still over the moon with that, no complaining!)

ReputationRep:
    "dance GCSE" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happen to me. What was your breakdown?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for getting back to me! These are the marks I got from the teachers at school and the examiner came in:
    A* full marks- solo choreography 15%
    A* full marks- ghost dances group 20%
    A* - set dance 20%
    A- group choreography 25%
    I don't know what I've got on my written but written was only 20% and I thought I did okay. Really disappointed as didn't expect a B, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Can you please not write your grades as percentages. It would be much easier for us if you wrote the ACTUAL UMS you got for each Module then write the UMS grade boundaries for dance so we can compare what you got versus the grade boundaries

(Original post by Jadeehopee)
    Thank you for getting back to me! These are the marks I got from the teachers at school and the examiner came in:
    A* full marks- solo choreography 15%
    A* full marks- ghost dances group 20%
    A* - set dance 20%
    A- group choreography 25%
    I don't know what I've got on my written but written was only 20% and I thought I did okay. Really disappointed as didn't expect a B, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't given the UMS grades each I was only given the grades, I was only given the overall UMS grade which was 236.

ReputationRep:
    Incoming STEM dudes.

ReputationRep:
    My overall UMS was 234, which was a B also. What most likely happened is that your choreography grade and your set dance grade dropped from A*s to a Bs like they did for me, but I realised this was because the grade boundaries this year were ridiculously high. For example I dropped 5 marks in unit 4 choreography in total but this came out to be B. My teachers said I got an A* in the set dance too but it also dropped to B, but there is nothing that can be done about it as an examiner marks it. In the written I got a C. I'm not too sure what happened there. The only thing that stayed the same was the A* I got in the group dance which the examiner saw on the day. I'm quite upset as I was expecting an A. The sad thing is that for an A you need 240 UMS marks, so we were both quite close.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I found GCSE dance to be the hardest GCSE I took and by far the most time consuming. I was back at school until 5pm 2-3 days a week. It doesn't get enough recognition. It sounds easy, I admit I thought it would be too, which is why I choose it (I wanted an easy, enjoyable subject) but it was far from it.

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.