Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated Twyford Court block J :clap2:

I've heard that there are 12 people to a flat: does anyone know if there are 2 kitchens or if there's a big kitchen with 2 hobs/ 2 fridges etc??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by IzzyWatkins)
    I've been allocated Twyford Court block J :clap2:

I've heard that there are 12 people to a flat: does anyone know if there are 2 kitchens or if there's a big kitchen with 2 hobs/ 2 fridges etc??
    Hi Izzy

There will be one large kitchen for you all to share - in the bigger kitchens like this there are usually 2 fridges and a large freezer (so that you have a shelf each) and 2 hobs. There are some photos here to give you a better idea: https://www.facebook.com/SurreyResid...54242707921481

I've lived in halls a couple of times myself, once sharing a kitchen between 14, and it's very rare that everyone will be using the kitchen at the same time so you shouldn't find that you'll be fighting for hob space! You'll also be allocated your own cupboard space so you wont have to share this

I hope this is useful - if you have any other questions let us know!

Emma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hi Izzy

There will be one large kitchen for you all to share - in the bigger kitchens like this there are usually 2 fridges and a large freezer (so that you have a shelf each) and 2 hobs. There are some photos here to give you a better idea: https://www.facebook.com/SurreyResid...54242707921481

I've lived in halls a couple of times myself, once sharing a kitchen between 14, and it's very rare that everyone will be using the kitchen at the same time so you shouldn't find that you'll be fighting for hob space! You'll also be allocated your own cupboard space so you wont have to share this

I hope this is useful - if you have any other questions let us know!

Emma
    Thanks a lot Emma! The kitchens are huge:thumbsup: Should be a great social spot! haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.