Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My middle name is in the email, making it incredibly long. Can I get this changed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepdreaming-)
    My middle name is in the email, making it incredibly long. Can I get this changed?
    Hi!

Not sure if it's possible but try to email the admission team using your KCL email and ask them if you could change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepdreaming-)
    Sure, ask the IT helpdesk - [email protected] . Middle names are sometimes added if someone else has the same name as you and has already been assigned [email protected], but they might be able to do e.g. firstname.a.lastname rather than your middle name in full.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrAndrewColes)
    Sure, ask the IT helpdesk - [email protected] . Middle names are sometimes added if someone else has the same name as you and has already been assigned [email protected], but they might be able to do e.g. firstname.a.lastname rather than your middle name in full.
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_X)
    Hi!

Not sure if it's possible but try to email the admission team using your KCL email and ask them if you could change it.
    Thank you for your suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can, I just recently changed my surname so the name I applied with is different to the name I have now. I emailed them and they told me to just enrol with my old name for now, and once I go in to get my ID card they can change your personal details/email etc. so I mean if they can do that, they can probably change your email at your request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsonro)
    Yeah you can, I just recently changed my surname so the name I applied with is different to the name I have now. I emailed them and they told me to just enrol with my old name for now, and once I go in to get my ID card they can change your personal details/email etc. so I mean if they can do that, they can probably change your email at your request.
    Thank you! They managed to change mine quite quickly, the IT team is great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.