The Student Room Group

L2 engineering help!! Urgent.

Now i did l2 engineering last year and i only managed to get a l2 pass in it which isn't high enough to go onto level 3. the only reason i took l2 is because i didn't get my maths in my GCSEs. is it possible to ask the lecturer to give me a chance to carry on with the course. he understands how bad i want this but i don't know if he would let me in. i don't have any other places or options for next year so i desperately need help.
Original post by anonymous_01
Now i did l2 engineering last year and i only managed to get a l2 pass in it which isn't high enough to go onto level 3. the only reason i took l2 is because i didn't get my maths in my GCSEs. is it possible to ask the lecturer to give me a chance to carry on with the course. he understands how bad i want this but i don't know if he would let me in. i don't have any other places or options for next year so i desperately need help.

Usually the condition to get onto Level 3 you must get at least a merit in Level 2 so the only one who can let you onto level 3 is the head of department however I would say that if you got Pass in Level 2 then you should consider whether Level 2 is for you or not.
It is possible to get onto to level 3 with a pass. I did a different level 2 subject. I got a D* and went on to do the extended Diploma at level 3 but there was this boy in my group who missed a lot of college so the tutors told him to just complete a few units at a pass grade because there was not much time for him left to complete all the units. Then they let him do level 3 but he didn't go into the 3 a level diploma, he went onto the 1 A level diploma where there are fewer units.

You're different, you completed all the units and got a pass overall, you could do the 2 A level diploma if your college offers it but it depends on what you can cope with. Speak to your level 2 tutors and see if you can do that. If you can't get in contact with them then go to your college when they start enrolling. They probably already have, check the website or call in. When you go in then tell the engineering tutors there your situation, they should let you join a level 3 course and enrol on the same day. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply