Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I'm French and I wondered.. Have you ever watched a game of our boring Ligue 1 ? Now tell me then, what do you think about that League? How is it perceived abroad? lol

ReputationRep:
    It's boring. Referees are too severe and kill the game, coaches are too defensive, and the winner is already known (Qatar Saint-Germain).

ReputationRep:
    Well I do watch when PSG is playing the likes of Monaco, Lyon etc, but overall I do find it boring because the football isn't great as La Liga, BPL and its not a good tactical watch as Serie A. Also with the likes of Marseille, Lille and Bordeaux in decline along without the pull factor of Ibra playing, french football isn't great atm.

ReputationRep:
    I do think like both of you.. Referees are ****, players aren't real professionals and don't train that hard, pitches are disgusting,stadiums are empty.. You really don't know how lucky you're seeing great matches every week lads..
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    My mate has gone to the game between Paris and OGC Nice tonight, I don't know guess if you took the money out of Paris it would be more interesting league.

ReputationRep:
    I don't thinkmits nearly as bad as some people make out, that said, it is quite bad.

The continuing failure of clubs like Lyon, Monaco, Marseille, Bordeaux to put up any kind of challenge, even when they seemingly to have a decent enough set of players.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I thought it was a good match between Paris and Nice tonight, didn't realise Balotelli played for Nice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lyon dominated that league for years before PSG were bought out so it's hardly a new thing.

Seeing Falcao suddenly start scoring for fun again after 2 awful years in England doesn't give the best impression of the league, but I won't pretend i've watched any of the games. Is it even televised in the UK?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sr90)
    Lyon dominated that league for years before PSG were bought out so it's hardly a new thing.

Seeing Falcao suddenly start scoring for fun again after 2 awful years in England doesn't give the best impression of the league, but I won't pretend i've watched any of the games. Is it even televised in the UK?
    BT Sport broadcasts it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.