Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently just failed AQA GCSE Maths. I got a D grade. I was apparently 5 Marks off a C which was my target. Maths was the subject that I mostly revised on. Soon as I opened my paper and saw a D I was about to punch a hole through my wall. I revised so much, I had teachers telling me that I could hit a C and said I know what I was doing. I did past papers and few activities online. I literally still have my finished past papers and revision notes in my draw to show my parents that I revised. Now I'm looking at it thinking that all that revision was done for nothing.

Pass mark was 63 I got 57. Teachers told me that I 60 was a pass. I worked so hard but it finally never paid off. So do you guys think I should send it off to remark?

If I do resit, I'm pretty sure the AQA Maths grade boundaries are still going to be sky high because AQA does have a reputation of putting 16-18 in depression.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm really sorry that you didn't get the grade you were hoping for :console: I hope your other grades were closer to what you were expecting. You can send your papers off for a remark, but maths has quite a straightforward mark scheme so it might be tricky to find that many extra marks. You may as well go for a remark, although remember that it is possible for your grade to go down as well as up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I'm really sorry that you didn't get the grade you were hoping for :console: I hope your other grades were closer to what you were expecting. You can send your papers off for a remark, but maths has quite a straightforward mark scheme so it might be tricky to find that many extra marks. You may as well go for a remark, although remember that it is possible for your grade to go down as well as up.
    My grade to go down? I mean I have a D and what difference will it make if I get a F or an G? It's still classed as a fail anyways. :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.