Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether or not to but any of the freshers wristbands, is it worth the money? There's the in student guild one for £55 and also an in town one for £27. I was just wondering if any past students bought wristbands and thought it was worth it, and whether many this year are buying them?

ReputationRep:
    Im going into my 3rd year at UoB, I would say definitely get the Guild of Students one. Its the official freshers wristband and although it may be more expensive its the wristband that everyone gets. I remember having the same dilemma about Guild wristband v a wristband from another company before I started- I got the guild one, as did all my flat and block. I didn't meet anyone who brought a wristband from an external company.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know either and having the same problem, it's too hard to find out whether your flatmates and course mates etc are gonna have the same ones, i might just wing it on the day and see what happens lmao

ReputationRep:
    In the same situation as you. If only the Guild of Students sold tickets to individual events they're holding but I contacted them and they only offer the three packages on their website.

ReputationRep:
    WTF!!! You pay for that!?? And so much money???!! Is it that much for all unis?? What do u miss on if u dont get it???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to know if it's worth it or not, most of my flat seem to be getting the £55 one but that seems like an awful lot of money.
    Some people I know are just going for the £20 one and going to some events, but will I still be able to get into some of the GoS events if I pay individually for each event or do I have to get the wristband?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamuk)
    I'd really like to know if it's worth it or not, most of my flat seem to be getting the £55 one but that seems like an awful lot of money.
    Some people I know are just going for the £20 one and going to some events, but will I still be able to get into some of the GoS events if I pay individually for each event or do I have to get the wristband?
    I emailed the GoS and they said you couldn't pay for individual events at the Guild, only the packages on their website were on offer.

ReputationRep:
    My flatmates and friends are getting the £70 one so I've done the same. I'd at least get the £55 one if I were you. The £20 one is only for one event isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I got the middle priced one and it came in a booklet of tickets so you can actually buy tickets for individual events if you can grab a ticket from the people selling them on the fb pages. But obviously there's no guarantee you'll get a ticket. And of course that means you can sell your ticket for the ones you don't want to go to. Joe's Bar sometimes sold 100 tickets on the door as first come first serve, but you'll have to be there very early.

I definitely thought it was worth it and I really enjoyed freshers. I'm a third year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.