Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I recently opened my results and I had got a B in maths, A in chemistry, B in biology ( 4 ums off an A, considering a remark as I've always been gettin As and know that I have done much better, and a B in physics 77 ums 3 ums off an A. ( overall A in additional science) if I wanted to take biology chemistry and maths could I still do it if I get my biology remarked and resit maths.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm pretty confident that you can. Most sixth forms require B's at GCSE at least to carry them on at A-Level. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Russelh782)
    Hi,
    So I recently opened my results and I had got a B in maths, A in chemistry, B in biology ( 4 ums off an A, considering a remark as I've always been gettin As and know that I have done much better, and a B in physics 77 ums 3 ums off an A. If I wanted to take biology chemistry and maths could I still do it if I get my biology remarked and resit maths.
    It depends on your sixth form what grades they ask specifically to do science at A Level. Most schools require at least a B grade at GCSE to do it at A Level however i know grammar schools require a grade A or above at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I recently opened my results and I had got a B in maths, A in chemistry, B in biology ( 4 ums off an A, considering a remark as I've always been gettin As and know that I have done much better, and a B in physics 77 ums 3 ums off an A. ( overall A in additional science) if I wanted to take biology chemistry and maths could I still do it if I get my biology remarked and resit maths.
    If you go to a normal comprehensive school that should be sound enough. You should get decent enough grades if you put the effort in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieranisda1)
    If you go to a normal comprehensive school that should be sound enough. You should get decent enough grades if you put the effort in
    I'm a hard working student I was predicted all C's but turned out to get better, and even got A's, but I would definitely but the effort in to get at least AAA at a level, as I am determined and ready to face an ultimate obstacle.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Russel fam, I'm in year 10 and I just got a B in science with and A* CAT, and I'm gonna apply for biology at sixth form, don't fret fam.

ReputationRep:
    I got a c in core science and a c in additional. Do u think I can do it a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    You can do them.

But to do them well, is debatable.

ReputationRep:
    School is strict as Fck yoo, but they do consider people who narrowly miss the requirements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.