The Student Room Group

Alevel problem!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kieranisda1
On TSR somewhere there are the entry requirements for ever med school

And they require Chemistry to full A Level at minimum grade A.
Chemistry is key, most medical degrees all want chemistry
I only do bio and wish I could do chem :/
Original post by SGHD26716

One uni doesn't ask for Chemistry but I can't remember which one

UEA you can get in without Chem
Its clear you haven't done enough research yourself yet on what you want to do, if you just 'want to become a doctor'. Look around on UCAS for courses linked to medicine but not medicine itself as you need chemistry to study it (anyone telling you otherwise is lifting your hopes for no reason as you will be disappointed because medicine is a highly competitive subject). Look at courses like biomedical science, microbiology, medical biology, biomedical health etc. These will not give you a direct path into your preferred profession, but with enough career guidance though university and the future you should be able to find yourself in a similar field of work.
Reply 25
Original post by ollie1024
Its clear you haven't done enough research yourself yet on what you want to do, if you just 'want to become a doctor'. Look around on UCAS for courses linked to medicine but not medicine itself as you need chemistry to study it (anyone telling you otherwise is lifting your hopes for no reason as you will be disappointed because medicine is a highly competitive subject). Look at courses like biomedical science, microbiology, medical biology, biomedical health etc. These will not give you a direct path into your preferred profession, but with enough career guidance though university and the future you should be able to find yourself in a similar field of work.

I said that, but the only science he is doing is maths and biology, which makes it harder to go into science
I said that, but the only science he is doing is maths and biology, which makes it harder to go into science

He's going biology and that would be fine for doing the courses I mentioned so it doesn't matter

Quick Reply

Latest