Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello !

I am currently in my last year of High School in Romania and I thought about my life plan in the following years . I want to study Economics in the UK at a good uni and then I will get some work experience and in the end I want to study in the US at a really good school ( Harvard , Stanford , Columbia , Wharton,etc ) and either get a JD or MBA(haven't decided yet ) .
    So , I was wondering what unis in the UK are really good for their economics course.Until now , I thought of my first 5 choices as :
    -LSE
    -UCL
    -Bristol
    -Leeds
    -Newcastle
    I can say that I am not the best student (grades and extracurricular activities) but I do believe I have a few chances of getting into LSE or UCL (the others are second options ).

What are other unis really good for their economics course and known internationally besides Oxbridge?

P.S.tudying is my nr .1 priority but I do not want to go at a uni that is located in a "ghost town " or with no social life whatsoever ( that's why I chose London , Bristol , Leeds , Newcastle as the cities ) .
    Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what a JD or a MBA is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    I don't know what a JD or a MBA is.
    JD is "Juris Doctor" a law degree in the US which you can only study as a postgraduate degree.
    MBA is "Major in Business Adminstration " a degree in the US , most people go into Investment Banking or other financial jobs after finishing.It is also a postgraduate degree

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    bump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.