Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for halls at Brighton about a month ago thinking it was a done deal since it was my first choice unconditional offer. Fast forward a month later , still not heard from them . At this point im thinking, ''ok maybe they'll confirm it soon''.

Weeks go by, nothing. I email them asking what gives, only to read that they sent me the offer and the deadline had passed! Meaning they gave my offer to someone else. Now here i am wondering where the f#5% that email is only to find that they didnt even send me an damn email! Nothing! Zilch, Nada! Checked everywhere

So not only did they f#%$ up my application by not sending the offer email, they gave it to someone else after whilst Im sitting there waiting like an idiot for an offer that had already passed! Now Im hearing that i have to get housing with random people off the facebook page? Wtf !

Is there anyway they can give back my offer or am i screwed? This isnt fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -The Jackal)
    I applied for halls at Brighton about a month ago thinking it was a done deal since it was my first choice unconditional offer. Fast forward a month later , still not heard from them . At this point im thinking, ''ok maybe they'll confirm it soon''.

Weeks go by, nothing. I email them asking what gives, only to read that they sent me the offer and the deadline had passed! Meaning they gave my offer to someone else. Now here i am wondering where the f#5% that email is only to find that they didnt even send me an damn email! Nothing! Zilch, Nada! Checked everywhere

So not only did they f#%$ up my application by not sending the offer email, they gave it to someone else after whilst Im sitting there waiting like an idiot for an offer that had already passed! Now Im hearing that i have to get housing with random people off the facebook page? Wtf !

Is there anyway they can give back my offer or am i screwed? This isnt fair
    How far back does your junk file go back on your email provider? If it is not all the way back to the date you applied then maybe it went in your junk file, and then hit the cut off date and got deleted

If that is the case then it would be your fault you missed it. If your junk mail goes all the way back then I would ask for proof of their email, and maybe get in touch with the student union or helpdesk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.