Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so as a guy ive always wondered what do girls usually notice in a guy at first physically isit his height his face his hair ???or dress sense and also i want to know can a good body good fashion etc make up for average height??

jesus.....

ReputationRep:
    lmao i'm ugly af so hope it's not face noticed first

ReputationRep:
    I think at first sight I notice more their 'mood', their body language, smile etc. If someone has a scowl on their face and is slumped or walking with a 'swagger' immediately it's a turn off. If they are walking confidently, smiling etc then you notice it first. Anything to do with height, hair, eyes, body type etc is purely down to someone's own 'type'/'taste'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinglikeabee)
    Ok so as a guy ive always wondered what do girls usually notice in a guy at first physically isit his height his face his hair ???or dress sense and also i want to know can a good body good fashion etc make up for average height??

Personality, personality, personality. If your personality sucks then there's no amount of dashing good looks that will fix that and vice versa, 'cool' funny guys can often punch 'above their weight' looks wise. However, to answer your question on a purely physical level: Yes I'd probably pick the average heighted guy who dresses well, goes to the gym and has a good haircut over the tall guy who has bad style and feels like you're hugging a skeleton/santa. But I'm short myself my 5ft 8+ friends care more about a guy being tall than I do (so they can still wear heels) . As to what we notice first I don't know if this is me personally or a general thing but I notice someone's best features first, so it could be: nice eyes, nice arms, nice hair, nice smile - whatever really is striking about them!
    ( FYI: My first long term relationship was an average heighted guy, next guy was short, then the my most recent ex and current boyfriend have been tall (so as you can see I've had a mix of heights and the only thing I can really think that they have in common physically is nice eyes ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinglikeabee)
    I'd say for me it's height
    Then face
    Not really hair tbh and not dress sense, as as a girl you can help change these

Good dress sense can't make up for a shorter guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazy2014)
    I'd say for me it's height
    Then face
    Not really hair tbh and not dress sense, as as a girl you can help change these

Good dress sense can't make up for a shorter guy.
    How short is too short?

ReputationRep:
    Eyes

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely say face first, (smile, eyes etc) and then the rest.

As a relatively short girl, height wouldn't really bother me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    memes

ReputationRep:
    Before talking to someone... Face, expression, hair, clothes...Height isn't a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    face, clothes, height. And no I wouldn't date a guy my height even if he dressed well, because I like really tall guys.

ReputationRep:
    Height then face

how short is too short?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how short is too short?
    5'6

ReputationRep:
    Height ONLY if your height is surprising.
    But otherwise, dressing style and hair first then face then height.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't notice height at all unless you were really tall or really really small

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.