The Student Room Group

What would be your reaction if your son came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Hug him, tell him how much I love him and that I will always love him no matter what.
I would ask him if he has a boyfriend yet and if so when can I meet him.
I'd be pleased he felt he could open up about it to me, given these things are often difficult to discuss initially.
Laugh. Followed by an awkward hug. Followed by silence. And ended with one question...."So you're cock muncher......?"

Spoiler

Reply 5
Tell him to repent emotionally to our lord and saviour, Harambe.
I'd say ok.
Say "me too" *rips off woman face mask to reveal I'm actually a man!*
Actually, I'd tell him/her they're adopted. Shocker for everyone.
Rage
Sadness
Despair
Forgiveness in death
I'd be shocked and horrified not because he is gay but because I was completely unaware I had a son.
''lol''
I would say: "silly! you never needed to come out in the first place - bring a boy home, cool; bring a girl home, cool. you do you and keep yourself happy and as long as that's how you feel, i'm happy for you."

Original post by 0to100
Rage
Sadness
Despair
Forgiveness in death

Why?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd be deeply disappointed, as if I have children I shall bring them up to live a proper conservative Christian lifestyle based around morals, values, loyalty, dignity, and courage.

As the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin and so my first port of call would be conversion therapy, if that doesn't work then who knows. I wouldn't go as far as disowning them but I'd deeply discourage them from partaking in any homosexual behaviour and would make sure they keep their sexuality to themselves.
Reply 14
I would say "omg me too" then when they're like OMG REALLY I'd say no just kidding. Then it'd be calm, no tears or awkwardness.
I bet you aren't actually interested in what we'd say to our sons if they are gay, you just want your thread to blow up with controversial arguments on either side
I would prepare myself to kick the arse of any bully who comes his way.

Considering I don't have a son yet I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Original post by #ChaosKass
I'd be deeply disappointed, as if I have children I shall bring them up to live a proper conservative Christian lifestyle based around morals, values, loyalty, dignity, and courage.

As the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin and so my first port of call would be conversion therapy, if that doesn't work then who knows. I wouldn't go as far as disowning them but I'd deeply discourage them from partaking in any homosexual behaviour and would make sure they keep their sexuality to themselves.

I'm a strong Christian and even I think some of your post is foolish, no offense. You can't change a biological trait.
I would most definately be fine with it. I would be a little worried because society is disgusting and judgemental and I wouldn't want he/she to get treated differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending