Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

It's the summer holiday. You're pretty much fed up of doing nothing but going on the internet. You really want to go back to uni and get pissed, but you have to keep on passing time somehow. You know no one around the area, and you want to do something about it. What do you do?

I could go out on a night out by myself, but then I'm the sort of person who would feel weird doing that. Do people my age (~19) actually go out by themselves, or is it just the 40+ guys at bars who've just been divorced? If you do go out on your own, what do you do? Do you try and make friends? With people in groups or on their own? Do you just talk to no one and get absolutely wasted?

Help needed - many thanks,
    Aaron

ReputationRep:
    Em i wouldn't, but then again I'm just 17, so i guess were at different life stages... I suppose if you really wanted theres no stopping you however, and honestly people probably wouldn't care. Although, why can't you just get drunk in your bedroom by yourself like i do when my friends aren't going out lol

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many other people will be judging anyway, they'll probably be concentrating on their own thing so don't worry really. I've gone out of my own a few times & got chatting to people in the process which was quite nice. You can still have a good night going solo!

(Original post by aaron--walker)
    Hey guys

It's the summer holiday. You're pretty much fed up of doing nothing but going on the internet. You really want to go back to uni and get pissed, but you have to keep on passing time somehow. You know no one around the area, and you want to do something about it. What do you do?

I could go out on a night out by myself, but then I'm the sort of person who would feel weird doing that. Do people my age (~19) actually go out by themselves, or is it just the 40+ guys at bars who've just been divorced? If you do go out on your own, what do you do? Do you try and make friends? With people in groups or on their own? Do you just talk to no one and get absolutely wasted?

Help needed - many thanks,
    Aaron
    theres nothing weird about going out alone, you'll do a lot of that soon when you're in you're 20s onwards. Part of being adult, stop thinking like a child now

go browse around places you want to see and talk to people in an open situation to talk (go to LUSH)

ReputationRep:
    Most likely you wont get into any Clubs if you are Alone. Clubbing is actually a really bad way to meet people unless your really good looking. Its different if your in groups or constantly meeting friends of friends. If you go alone you will be disappointed. Try joining a gym class or something
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Done it a few times, it's not that bad. Especially if you're personable and can sort of squeeze yourself into a squad/buddy up with other people there..

Overall though, I'd say it's better to go with friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.