UKCAT help, should I still apply? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I just sat the UKCAT today and got a low average of 640

Verbal reasoning: 680
    Quantitative reasoning: 640
    Abstract reasoning: 600
    Situational judgement: Band 2

I spent about 4 weeks preparing using the 1000Q book and Medify, a couple of hours a day at first then the last week intensive sessions but it still wasn't enough.

I improved greatly in the verbal reasoning section once I got the timing down, but the QR was just too much - there's nowhere near enough time, even though it was easier in the real thing. AR has always been a myth anyway le sigh.

Otherwise my GCSEs are decent, 5A* including English, Maths and Additional Science, 5As and two Bs (in music and economics).

In my AS I achieved AABB in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and English Literature - although I'm remarking the English since the exam went so well and I'm so close to an A. I'm confident I'll be able to get predicted grades of A*A*A (dropping English).

The problem is the damn UKCAT, its so ridiculous, how is looking at shapes proof you'll be a good Dentist? And the ST is so subjective. :mad:

Sorry for going on so long, but what I'm asking is this: Do I even have a chance of getting in, based on these academics? I was considering KCL (rip hopes and dreams), QMUL, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool and pretty much anywhere that isn't in Scotland or Ireland. Thanks for any advice, I'm desperate right now

P.S I go to an underachieving sixth form, and none of my parents have gone to university and we are in receipt of some substantial benefits, so would I be eligible for any contextual offers, or KCL's ESDP course?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.