Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scuba Diving.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey hi ho,
    i work at a scuba diving centre, n currently find myself lifting n carrying around 10L cylinders all day, jst wondering how heavy are they.. cus for example, today i moved in excess of 20 cylinders..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
    hey hi ho,
    i work at a scuba diving centre, n currently find myself lifting n carrying around 10L cylinders all day, jst wondering how heavy are they.. cus for example, today i moved in excess of 20 cylinders..
    Erm.... if you carry them you ought to know how heavy they are :confused:

I've been scuba diving before, they're light underwater, don't know about above it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Erm.... if you carry them you ought to know how heavy they are :confused:
    yeh, but i cant judge the exact weight, they definately over 20lbs, i *think* cus the weights dont feel that heavy n i give them out quite a lot too..
    also if u carry a heavy bag, do u know exactly how heavy it exactly is? if so, pls go to ur local scuba shop n reprt back..

ur local scuba shop
    lol! It's only 20 hours on a plane away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol! It's only 20 hours on a plane away.
    where u live??!!?? cus no where is that far from scuba!

ReputationRep:
    yeh, but i cant judge the exact weight, they definately over 20lbs, i *think* cus the weights dont feel that heavy n i give them out quite a lot too..
    also if u carry a heavy bag, do u know exactly how heavy it exactly is? if so, pls go to ur local scuba shop n reprt back..
    Am I the only one who's confused...? :confused: if I know how heavy a bag is, surely I don't need to go to a scuba shop....? :confused:

where u live??!!?? cus no where is that far from scuba!
    Bath, and the only place i know of that does Scuba is down under.

ReputationRep:
    haha same here i cant think of any other

ReputationRep:
    :O i live in birmingham.. and i know of about 3.. n bham nowhere near the sea n we have them, so i promise u u dont have to go to australia to find a dive shop.. also whereever there is sea there are divers, n if there are large and deep bodies of water there will b them too..

Scuba diving is only worth it if you're doing it around the great barrier reef, i saw an octopus whilst doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Scuba diving is only worth it if you're doing it around the great barrier reef, i saw an octopus whilst doing it.
    erm.. red sea.. off africa.. south america.. the med.. all have reefs n octopi, also the great barrier reef isnt reli that great for scuba, its rather shallow, u cud do it with a snorkel n fins really.. n also, off britain, we have whales, sharks n a couple of dolphins, i dive in ex-quaries n there are plenty of fish in them..

u cud do it with a snorkel n fins really
    I did that mostly, i'm glad it wasn't deep, i can't swim well so to go down too far would have scared me.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I just came back from scuba diving in Bali! I had my own little knife which was so cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hehe I just came back from scuba diving in Bali!
    how much it cost to actually dive? or did u take ur own gear n stuff?

I had my own little knife which was so cool.
    You're supposed to look at the fish, not gut them.

ReputationRep:
    how much it cost to actually dive? or did u take ur own gear n stuff?
    It cost me USD100 to dive but we bargained it to 85 for 4 people in my family. I borrowed some stuff for free, but most of it was my mum's old kit... including the knife

ReputationRep:
    You're supposed to look at the fish, not gut them.
    I'm weak and pathetic, so the knife was used as a mirror
    RAWR.. made me feel powerful for once.

Edit: And hello ex-Mr. Clumsy. Your monkey is cute, but can't compare.

ReputationRep:
    It cost me USD100 to dive but we bargained it to 85 for 4 people in my family. I borrowed some stuff for free, but most of it was my mum's old kit... including the knife
    thats cool, esp when thats like 50 pounds sterling.. what qualification you got?

ReputationRep:
    thats cool, esp when thats like 50 pounds sterling.. what qualification you got?
    Not sure if you've heard of it: "PADI?", the open water one only lolz... I had the junior one but now I'm old enough.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.