Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got A*A*A*A*A*AAAABBC in my GCSEs today. The A*'s were in ICT, English lang, english lit, Biology and Chemistry - is there a chance I may be able to get oxbridge for medicine? Providing I achieved good A levels.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Medical School GCSE Requirements

Yes those grades are absolutely fine, well done Oxford seem more picky than Cambridge with GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford usually access using percentage of A*s achieved. You're definitely in with a chance but the C's may hamper you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Medical School GCSE Requirements

Yes those grades are absolutely fine, well done Oxford seem more picky than Cambridge with GCSEs.
    (Original post by Flyer24)
    Oxford usually access using percentage of A*s achieved. You're definitely in with a chance but the C's may hamper you
    Thanks guys. One of those A*'s included was a Cambridge National; a GCSE equivalent qualification. Will this count toward my A*'s? Flyer24 the C was in Spanish, will it still hamper me if the GCSE is completely unrelated to medicine?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Thanks guys. One of those A*'s included was a Cambridge National; a GCSE equivalent qualification. Will this count toward my A*'s? Flyer24 the C was in Spanish, will it still hamper me if the GCSE is completely unrelated to medicine?
    To be honest, Oxford is pretty much out of the question - they require lots of A*s at GCSE. Cambridge is a possibility but you will need to do very well at A-Level.

But the most important thing is that they're still good enough for most Medical Schools. It doesn't matter where you end up for Medicine - you'll hopefully become a doctor from wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I got 10As and 2Bs, would this be fine for Cambridge if I do well in my A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennissingh99)
    Guys, I got 10As and 2Bs, would this be fine for Cambridge if I do well in my A Levels?
    It's not out of the question but would be a bit of an uphill struggle. The competition for medicine is high and most other applicants will have a high number of A*'s. Your grades are still good enough for medical school but unless you do extremely well in B-MAT/UKCAT and A-levels then your chances of cambridge are quite unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    I got A*A*A*A*A*AAAABBC in my GCSEs today. The A*'s were in ICT, English lang, english lit, Biology and Chemistry - is there a chance I may be able to get oxbridge for medicine? Providing I achieved good A levels.
    (Original post by Flyer24)
    It's not out of the question
    Oxford definitely is out of the question.

Cambridge might be possible depending on other factors like AS and bmat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.