Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    C1 = 84 UMS
    C2 = 93 UMS
    C3 = 86 UMS
    C4 (ISA) = 93 UMS

That means that overall I got 356/360 which is annoying af. Do you think I can get the extra 4 UMS if I get one of my exams remarked to get an A*? I heard that science exams are hardly ever marked up, but if they include a lot of "essay" writing (lots of 4, 5, 6 markers) the chance of getting extra marks would be increased.

If I should get it remarked, which exam would be the best one to remark? C1, C2 or C3?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yagami Lightuh)
    C1 = 84 UMS
    C2 = 93 UMS
    C3 = 86 UMS
    C4 (ISA) = 93 UMS

That means that overall I got 356/360 which is annoying af. Do you think I can get the extra 4 UMS if I get one of my exams remarked to get an A*? I heard that science exams are hardly ever marked up, but if they include a lot of "essay" writing (lots of 4, 5, 6 markers) the chance of getting extra marks would be increased.

If I should get it remarked, which exam would be the best one to remark? C1, C2 or C3?

Thank you
    If you want to risk your money go for it, but realistically speaking especially based on the new remarking system, its very unlikely your grades will change, especially for quite an objective subject such as chemistry.

Do you need the A* for any particular reason? or is it just for self satisfaction/ social satisfaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathSci1999)
    If you want to risk your money go for it, but realistically speaking especially based on the new remarking system, its very unlikely your grades will change, especially for quite an objective subject such as chemistry.

Do you need the A* for any particular reason? or is it just for self satisfaction/ social satisfaction?
    Both - I don't want to be so close to an A* and miss out, and it's nice to say that I have another A* rather than an A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.