Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone have any interesting astronomy facts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a weird request but this boy I like likes when I tell him little facts about the universe and stars and planets, but now I'm running low on things to tell him so if anyone could give me a few? Thanks ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adores)
    Bit of a weird request but this boy I like likes when I tell him little facts about the universe and stars and planets, but now I'm running low on things to tell him so if anyone could give me a few? Thanks ☺️
    Thats pretty interesting, so hes like a doctor who guy? How does it work, does he give you astronomy facts/other types of facts in return?

Heres some facts then

-closet black hole to earth is 1600 light years away
    -The Sun burns 600 million tons of Hydrogen every second
    -Only 55% of all Americans knows that the Sun is a star.
    -The largest structure found in the universe is the Sloan Great Wall, a super cluster of galaxies 1.37 billion light-years wide.
    -The odds of being killed by falling space debris is 1 in 5 billion.
    -The star Lucy in the constellation Centaurus is a huge cosmic diamond of 10 billion trillion trillion carats.
    -Space is not a complete vacuum, there are about 3 atoms per cubic meter of space
    -Neutron stars are so dense that a teaspoon of them would be equal to the weight of the entire Earth’s population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Thats pretty interesting, so hes like a doctor who guy? How does it work, does he give you astronomy facts/other types of facts in return?

Heres some facts then

-closet black hole to earth is 1600 light years away
    -The Sun burns 600 million tons of Hydrogen every second
    -Only 55% of all Americans knows that the Sun is a star.
    -The largest structure found in the universe is the Sloan Great Wall, a super cluster of galaxies 1.37 billion light-years wide.
    -The odds of being killed by falling space debris is 1 in 5 billion.
    -The star Lucy in the constellation Centaurus is a huge cosmic diamond of 10 billion trillion trillion carats.
    -Space is not a complete vacuum, there are about 3 atoms per cubic meter of space
    -Neutron stars are so dense that a teaspoon of them would be equal to the weight of the entire Earth’s population.
    Thank you so much! I'm trying to get him into doctor who, but we randomly decided to sleep under the stars one night at a party and I think we may do the same on Sunday

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    There's a nebula called Gomez's Hamburger because it's shaped like a burger (google it)
    not a particularly scientific fact but still interesting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.