Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to two different places as a customer assistant at Boots. I got two different responses. The first one:

This role has been incredibly popular and we’ve filled all our interview slots already but we wanted to let you know that we were really impressed with your application and we’d like to place you on our reserve list.We’ll get in touch with you if we’re able to invite you to the next stage, as soon we can.

And then the second one:

We’re sorry to have to let you know that you haven’t been successful. Although you haven’t made it through to the next stage this time, we’re really impressed with your application.

They only asked me to do the online assessment for the first time. Does this mean I was unsuccessful for both places and they just send out the same email when interview slots are full? I used the same CV and cover letter for both applications.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bri1221)
    I applied to two different places as a customer assistant at Boots. I got two different responses. The first one:

This role has been incredibly popular and we’ve filled all our interview slots already but we wanted to let you know that we were really impressed with your application and we’d like to place you on our reserve list.We’ll get in touch with you if we’re able to invite you to the next stage, as soon we can.

And then the second one:

We’re sorry to have to let you know that you haven’t been successful. Although you haven’t made it through to the next stage this time, we’re really impressed with your application.

They only asked me to do the online assessment for the first time. Does this mean I was unsuccessful for both places and they just send out the same email when interview slots are full? I used the same CV and cover letter for both applications.
    Yes, you were unsuccessful at both places. They just have a different HR team who have used different texts for each shop.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.