The Student Room Group

My school got 40% A*-C. Is that Bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I feel bad considering my school had 91.1% A*/A.

If you work hard enough and achieve very good A Level results you will have a decent shot at getting into the university you want, just keep working on it.

Good luck.
It's not that bad. Most schools on average get around 50%.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shohaib712
question in title :biggrin:

lololol OP I know the article is 8 years old but take a look at this!
"According to the statistics, 29 per cent of pupils left with five good grades in any subject last year.But under the Government's new measure, which eliminates those failing in English and maths, the score drops to just one per pent. One in 10 pupils left with no GCSE passes of at all and only 10 per cent got two GCSEs in science."

29 % with 5 A*-C and only 1% with 5 A*-C including English and Maths :biggrin:
headmaster referred to it as "just a blip" :s-smilie:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575139/Officially-ranked-worst-school-in-England.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Mine has a 9% pass

lololol OP I know the article is 8 years old but take a look at this!
29 % with 5 A*-C and only 1% with 5 A*-C including English and Maths :biggrin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575139/Officially-ranked-worst-school-in-England.html
I know a school in my local area in which only 19% of their students achieved 5 A*-C GCSEs last year - no wonder why the school has yet to declare its results to the local media!

Where did you find this information from? I'd love to see how badly mine did!
40% is pretty bad, but it's not as bad as some other schools. My school had a 23% A*-C grade which is kind of shocking.

The school is called Baverstock Academy
Reply 48
There's a school in my area which had 17% A*-C in 2014 (The year I sat GCSEs), and across about 200 students they got a grand total of 3 A*s. It's a real shame because so many of those students have their career paths defined by how bad the school is. The school is in the top 100 worst schools in England I think too.
That's like the worst A*-C rate I've heard of. Where's your school?

My school's GCSE is really bad but not as bad as that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
My school have about 80%, and there are some smaller private schools I know of who have nearly everyone passing at that rate.

Well it's not so much the school (I think?), its more your personal conditions bro. If they see someone who has the potential but have had problems/ or raised in a harsher environment (e.g, like money was hard to come by) universities look out for these sorts of people. I remember watching it on the wright stuff one morning :P Good luck in the future!
Reply 51
Mine has 100% and 85% A*/A
Well obviously that's bad. My school got 77% A*-C grades.
Reply 53
My school near 45% get 5 A*-C including English and Maths.😅
I don't even know my schools statistics are because my school always lies about their results and my headteacher is always on the radio for lying, heck she lied to ofsted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest