The Student Room Group

Nerves: exam results

Its strange. Literally till today, i'd totally forgotten about the impending a level results day. I had a dream last night, in which i was back at school and picking up my results (bizzare i know) and since then, i havent been able to stop thinking about it.

Nerves are natural i know. But i cant afford to stay in this frame of mind for the next 3 weeks till results come out! Ive tried doing stuff to take my mind off it, but as soon as im done with the activity my mind shifts back.

How are the rest of you coping with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally i'm coping with it by saying to myself that what is done is done, what is on the results paper is not going to change and there's nothing I can do about it. So if I stress about it for the next 3 weeks, or if i'm calm and relaxed, the result is going to be exactly the same, so there's not really any point worrying.
Reply 2
for some reason i have nearly forgotten about it maybe because ive been working and etc but the 16th of august is going to be so interesting :biggrin:
Reply 3
Just remind yourself of how far it is away
that works until like 2 days/ the day before.
Reply 4
It's natural for most people to feel similar. If you weren't incredibly nervous in the build up to results then you won't be as ecstatic/disappointed as you will inevitably be.
argh! I need 4 A's or else my life is doomed
Reply 6
I had a dream last night where I got my results and they were awful, plus they were announced infront of everybody. 23 days to go really is getting to me slightly now, whats done is done, but it's still slightly nervy.
Reply 7
GCSE'S come through on the 23rd of August. Less then a month to go! Great! :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I'm not coping well at all, because I know for a fact mine will be bad. I'm trying to keep myself busy by going out a lot to take my mind off it.
Reply 9
:eek: I keep having them same dream about getting my results, and like you - now I feel as though I am constantly thinking about them. I'm really scared about doing badly, especially knowing that I can do well. I'm completely impatient and it doesn't help that I am away when the results are issued :p:
Reply 10
I'd forgot to worry until I read this thread! doh!
Reply 11
I have a similar problem. I was fine until I signed up to get my results online and I started to panic.

I have one AS-Level result and all of my GCSEs to recieve and I've been going out of my mind. I'm not worried about the AS as it was just an extra one but my GCSE results make me feel awful.

I'm trying not to think about it and most of the time I do but every now and then I'll remember and I'll start to feel ill. I'd rather they were out of the way.

Just saying that I feel the same... but I've managed to get rid of it for the most part. Just trying not to think about it.
Of course everyone worries about exam results,i use to spend a few mins every night thinking about them lol.Theres nothing that can be done to stop you from worrying about them,just be positive.

I have been lucky this year,as my uni released the exam results on the 11th July.
rollover
GCSE'S come through on the 23rd of August. Less then a month to go! Great! :rolleyes:

29 DAYS!!

hey
i used to panicc..nut ive found a countdown really helpss
i have one on msnn :smile:
so every morning i change it
so liek today its 29 and tomorrow itl be 28 :biggrin:
weird..yes
but makes me feel bettter :biggrin:

o and reading.. :biggrin:
that keeeps my mind off it.. :smile:
Reply 14
GCSE!
i dont know..i think of it everyday its so annoying and seriously im *****ing myself for the 23rd!
I've started counting down to the results. To be honest i am worrying about them a bit because i missed about 4months of school before christmas and have been ill throughout the year and am worried that it'll have an effect on my results. I just want to get the day over and done with, all this waiting is getting on my nerves :frown: x
Reply 16
someone bought it up today at work and I was like aaah it's 2 weeks today. I had been thinking about it yesterday but forgotten. it's just moments where i'm like **** then i'm fine
Reply 17
I've been counting down the days. I'm really scared which isn't surprising because I seem to worry a lot :frown: . Worrying depends on what's at stake though.
does anyone else really not care?
I failed comprehensively and I don't give a ****...I'm only worried about what's wrong with me.
i think the countdown things is a good idea - does anyone know a website where i can make a proper one?

another good tip is that days go quicker if they dont start till 2

Latest

Trending

Trending