Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a few forum posts on here debating the validity of a degree from OU compared to a brick university. When it comes down to it, a degree is a degree and wherever you get yours from, you will have done as much work as anybody else. On top of that, you will have studied and worked at the same time which is no mean feat and I can't see why that would ever work against a person in interview.

As for a specific degree, look at the factsheet and see how you feel about the modules that are going to get covered. If the topics are comparable, then there's no reason why your OU degree would be any less valid.

Here's the one for your course, though you've probably already seen it
    http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/conten...sheets/q64-bio

ReputationRep:
    Huh. I saw that question this morning and thought, "I'll post a response later"... evidently it all went south sometime between then and now.

What I was going to say to the OP was, with a CertHE they could potentially transfer in to Level 2, although the opportunities for credit transfer would be greater if they went with an Open Degree rather than a named programme. There's a list of all the modules here so they can see what they would potentially be able to study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.