Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm hoping to study Maths at Oxbridge in the future (preferably Cambridge, but whatever ). Do you guys think these results will be good enough? I know places are really competitive...

Maths: A*
    Physics: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    French: A*
    Japanese: A*
    Music: A*
    Latin: A*
    English Language: A*
    Computing: A
    Additional Maths: A
    English Lit: A
    Religious Studies: B

Of course A Levels are the most important, but I've heard that Oxford look at GCSE results as well. Going to be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French next year. Also any advice for making myself look more "interesting" to the unis? Any further reading, work experience ideas, sixth form tips, etc? Thanks :chaplin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanako13)
    So I'm hoping to study Maths at Oxbridge in the future (preferably Cambridge, but whatever ). Do you guys think these results will be good enough? I know places are really competitive...

Maths: A*
    Physics: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    French: A*
    Japanese: A*
    Music: A*
    Latin: A*
    English Language: A*
    Computing: A
    Additional Maths: A
    English Lit: A
    Religious Studies: B

Of course A Levels are the most important, but I've heard that Oxford look at GCSE results as well. Going to be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French next year. Also any advice for making myself look more "interesting" to the unis? Any further reading, work experience ideas, sixth form tips, etc? Thanks :chaplin:
    I should hope your grades are good enough! I got 8 a*s, 2a's and a B and got into Cambridge for medicine. I think for maths they mainly care about your as grades and your step results. That's what I've heard from friends who are planning on doing maths. My friend who applied to Oxford for maths said that the personal statement isn't that looked upon, they care mainly about your academic profile. So work experience isn't all that needed. But she also wrote about books she'd read so definitely do some further reading, she read Fermats last theorem.. That's all I can remember. Hope this helped in some way and congrats on your amazing results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, so long as you follow it up with good A levels! If you are interested, why not take a look at the dedicated threads for prospective Oxbridge applicants for 2018 entry (our year)!
    Oxford: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4282340

Cambridge:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3528165

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, so long as you follow it up with good A levels! If you are interested, why not take a look at the dedicated threads for prospective Oxbridge applicants for 2018 entry (our year)!

Oxford: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4282340

Cambridge:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3528165

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate 9 A*s just won't cut it. Cambridge won't interview anyone that has less than 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic_12345)
    I should hope your grades are good enough! I got 8 a*s, 2a's and a B and got into Cambridge for medicine. I think for maths they mainly care about your as grades and your step results. That's what I've heard from friends who are planning on doing maths. My friend who applied to Oxford for maths said that the personal statement isn't that looked upon, they care mainly about your academic profile. So work experience isn't all that needed. But she also wrote about books she'd read so definitely do some further reading, she read Fermats last theorem.. That's all I can remember. Hope this helped in some way and congrats on your amazing results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, do you think that 7A*s and 3As could get me into medicine at Cambridge provided I do well at everything else? -M

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the advice! :fluffy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.