Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

mini i pods? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    its my birthday soon, should i get a mini i pod? simple question.

some ppl say i should, some say i dont.

ignoring aesthetics (i like the look of it, dont care if u dont :P) are they worth £170?

some ppl have said they have loadsa problems, but i dont really know much about it!!

if you dont think i should get one can u tell me why??

thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I personally would really want one and I think they are worth it for how much they can hold and how compact and easy to use they are!

ReputationRep:
    because they are so cool and ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    its my birthday soon, should i get a mini i pod? simple question.

some ppl say i should, some say i dont.

ignoring aesthetics (i like the look of it, dont care if u dont :P) are they worth £170?

some ppl have said they have loadsa problems, but i dont really know much about it!!

if you dont think i should get one can u tell me why??

thanks guys!!
    Similarly to you I also want an iPod Mini, in green
    I'm hoping to get it as a leaving present for when I depart to uni!
    I too really like the look of it, but considering the price of £170, it might be worth pay an extra £40 or so and getting you self the 10Gb or 15Gb one, although I'm not sure exactly how much these cost, check out Kelkoo for price comparisons.
    The only reason I want an iPod Mini is because you can get it in green

ReputationRep:
    theres loads better things around for similar price....picked me self up a creative zen 20gb mp3 player on ebay for 40 quid!...its in excellent condition, and well better than an ipod in my opinion....slightly larger than a mini ipod, but not as big as a normal i pod...but with 20gb storage u cant expect it to be tiny! dont know how much one of them things costs brand new tho...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I would wait for a while and keep reading reviews etc.... or persuade one of your mates to buy one and check it out.

I haven't had any experience with it, so I can't comment, but it does sound really cool.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one n i woz dissapionted wif it

ReputationRep:
    Oooh get one. I would love to own one. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spana_is_solid)
    Can i have it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spana_is_solid)
    WHy?

ReputationRep:
    omg, my sister brought hers home last week and i couldnt belive how tiny it was. you see it online..and you know how "small" it is..but to actually feel it was amazing...i really wish id made her pick me up one now!

note: apple give student discounts....its well worth it and brings the uk one to about £20 more than getting one in the us (and thats without p&p and tax as my sister picked hers up there)

go for it...everyone should have one!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)

May I go through your post history and tidy up a bit?
    Do you actually have nothing better to do with your life or are you joking?

(Original post by Adhsur)
    May I go through your post history and tidy up a bit?
    It seems somebody already has, look at my poor tiny post count, it's been assulted! My posts aren't often that bad actually, there probably isn't a huge amount of tidying up to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odie)
    Do you actually have nothing better to do with your life or are you joking?
    I'll let you decide that for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have one but I can tell you that other people have said that you are paying for the brand name and that you can get the same thing for a lot cheaper.Obviously since these are other peoples opinions and I have a MD player I don't know what you can make of that but it cant hurt to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottyoneill)
    theres loads better things around for similar price....picked me self up a creative zen 20gb mp3 player on ebay for 40 quid!...its in excellent condition, and well better than an ipod in my opinion....slightly larger than a mini ipod, but not as big as a normal i pod...but with 20gb storage u cant expect it to be tiny! dont know how much one of them things costs brand new tho...
    £40 for 20gb mp3 player, i doubt it, why would they sell it for that when they can get much more?

ReputationRep:
    no it's a ripoff

ReputationRep:
    pay £50 more and get a 15gb i-pod

thats like 4 times more tracks u can store.

All depends on size in the end, if that bothers u stik wid the mini

Go on the apple uk site and say that u are a student, the prices are then lowered for everything makin it cheaper for u :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    pay £50 more and get a 15gb i-pod thats like 4 times more tracks u can store.

All depends on size in the end, if that bothers u stik wid the mini

Go on the apple uk site and say that u are a student, the prices are then lowered for everything makin it cheaper for u
    Good advice!!

I don't think ur just paying for the brand name- I like it- and hate the creative ones- they are awful, rubbish sound quality and the cases break easily...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.