Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I qualify as a mature student at 23, but I interrupted my studies to have my beautiful daughter, rejoined a year I didn't know and now I think I may have failed this year 😬 I'm at my wits end! Just need a bit of support really, I suffered so badly with pnd and struggled to find someone I trusted to look after her while I studied I just feel like a general failure and a big let down! 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaR11)
    I don't know if I qualify as a mature student at 23, but I interrupted my studies to have my beautiful daughter, rejoined a year I didn't know and now I think I may have failed this year 😬 I'm at my wits end! Just need a bit of support really, I suffered so badly with pnd and struggled to find someone I trusted to look after her while I studied I just feel like a general failure and a big let down! 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is a job for your personal tutor. It's what they are there for, so get in touch with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaR11)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    New baby + Post Natal Depression + a university year?? Frankly I think the fact that you're still standing, merits a medal!

Your uni will have a Student Support department who can provide advice and support in just this sort of situation. You won't be the first student parent by a long chalk (there were two "happy accident" babies in the undergrad cohort at my current uni during the last academic year!) and there is help out there.

As for your year's outcome, I'd suggest waiting until you have the actual results before thinking about that further. If you see your Student Support folks now, they can help you get some practical help so that you're better placed to cope with whatever happens next.*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.