Euthanasia: What do you think?

Watch
TGhulam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What is your opinion about euthanasia taking in consideration moral, financial and medical issues?

Example of moral issue: everyone has the right to choose.

Example of financial issue: funding used for terminally ill patients can be used for other purposes. Although this can be misused by medical stuff to gain funding.

Example of medical issue: through medical supervision the organs of terminally ill patient are intact and can be used for transplantation.
silverbolt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TGhulam)
What is your opinion about euthanasia taking in consideration moral, financial and medical issues?

Example of moral issue: everyone has the right to choose.

Example of financial issue: funding used for terminally ill patients can be used for other purposes. Although this can be misused by medical stuff to gain funding.

Example of medical issue: through medical supervision the organs of terminally ill patient are intact and can be used for transplantation.
Money should not ever under any circumstances be a consideration.

Euthanisia is NOT an option for civilised society. Everyone has the right to life whatever their illness
Mr. Trump
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm all for Euthanasia.
Spoiler:
Show
As long as it's not being paid for by the state.
Pinkberry_y
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I worry about how easily it can be exploited. Sure people will say there will be guidelines and policies to make sure only those people who really want to be euthanised will be and no one will be pressured. But inevitably, some families may have an elderly relative they can't care for anymore killed off
hodgey111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)

Euthanisia is NOT an option for civilised society. Everyone has the right to life whatever their illness
Since when are a right to life and a right to die mutually exclusive? The converse of the right to life is a right to end that life, and to preclude that is more indicative of an uncivilised society...
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If a terminally-ill person wants to end their life, you can only support them. If they would rather die instead of spend every day in agony and pain etc. then that's their decision and I wouldn't want to watch them suffer for the rest of their lives.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it's difficult:
I do agree with it in the way that we shouldn't just allow people to suffer. Especially when they're just going to die of their terminal illness. But how do you prove it's what they want? It will get abused.
TGhulam
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
it's difficult:
I do agree with it in the way that we shouldn't just allow people to suffer. Especially when they're just going to die of their terminal illness. But how do you prove it's what they want? It will get abused.
Another very good point. People who are terminally ill are not in the right frame of mind, they don't think clearly about what decision they are taking. And sometimes a family member who benefit from their death can pressurise them to take this decision.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If one is suffering and can't be cured, the one should be allowed to have choice.
I'm not going to suffer pointleslly in case of bone cancer or to bring embarassment to myself If some day I will not be able even do everything myself in toilet. When this happens, I'll move to Switzerland, or I'll make myself some good poison.
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone should have a choice over their life, and the option to end it, without struggling or stigma.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in favour
I think it would take a particularly sadistic person to condemn somebody to a life that is either painful or miserable.
people ought to be free to live their own lives in the way that *they* want, and if they don't want to live, then that's their choice alone
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

switzerland isn't civilised?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm all for voluntary euthanasia provided the victim, and the victim only, is in the state to consent. It is their life, they can choose what they want to do with it.

Euthanasia is voluntary, if you didn't know that.
silverbolt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I'm all for voluntary euthanasia provided the victim, and the victim only, is in the state to consent. It is their life, they can choose what they want to do with it.

Euthanasia is voluntary, if you didn't know that.
Yes i know. but the OP post does not reflect that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads