Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion about euthanasia taking in consideration moral, financial and medical issues?

Example of moral issue: everyone has the right to choose.

Example of financial issue: funding used for terminally ill patients can be used for other purposes. Although this can be misused by medical stuff to gain funding.

Example of medical issue: through medical supervision the organs of terminally ill patient are intact and can be used for transplantation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGhulam)
    What is your opinion about euthanasia taking in consideration moral, financial and medical issues?

Example of moral issue: everyone has the right to choose.

Example of financial issue: funding used for terminally ill patients can be used for other purposes. Although this can be misused by medical stuff to gain funding.

Example of medical issue: through medical supervision the organs of terminally ill patient are intact and can be used for transplantation.
    Money should not ever under any circumstances be a consideration.

Euthanisia is NOT an option for civilised society. Everyone has the right to life whatever their illness

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for Euthanasia.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As long as it's not being paid for by the state.

ReputationRep:
    I worry about how easily it can be exploited. Sure people will say there will be guidelines and policies to make sure only those people who really want to be euthanised will be and no one will be pressured. But inevitably, some families may have an elderly relative they can't care for anymore killed off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)

Euthanisia is NOT an option for civilised society. Everyone has the right to life whatever their illness
    Since when are a right to life and a right to die mutually exclusive? The converse of the right to life is a right to end that life, and to preclude that is more indicative of an uncivilised society...

ReputationRep:
    If a terminally-ill person wants to end their life, you can only support them. If they would rather die instead of spend every day in agony and pain etc. then that's their decision and I wouldn't want to watch them suffer for the rest of their lives.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    it's difficult:
    I do agree with it in the way that we shouldn't just allow people to suffer. Especially when they're just going to die of their terminal illness. But how do you prove it's what they want? It will get abused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    it's difficult:
    I do agree with it in the way that we shouldn't just allow people to suffer. Especially when they're just going to die of their terminal illness. But how do you prove it's what they want? It will get abused.
    Another very good point. People who are terminally ill are not in the right frame of mind, they don't think clearly about what decision they are taking. And sometimes a family member who benefit from their death can pressurise them to take this decision.

ReputationRep:
    If one is suffering and can't be cured, the one should be allowed to have choice.
    I'm not going to suffer pointleslly in case of bone cancer or to bring embarassment to myself If some day I will not be able even do everything myself in toilet. When this happens, I'll move to Switzerland, or I'll make myself some good poison.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone should have a choice over their life, and the option to end it, without struggling or stigma.

ReputationRep:
    in favour
    I think it would take a particularly sadistic person to condemn somebody to a life that is either painful or miserable.
    people ought to be free to live their own lives in the way that *they* want, and if they don't want to live, then that's their choice alone

ReputationRep:

switzerland isn't civilised?

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for voluntary euthanasia provided the victim, and the victim only, is in the state to consent. It is their life, they can choose what they want to do with it.

Euthanasia is voluntary, if you didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I'm all for voluntary euthanasia provided the victim, and the victim only, is in the state to consent. It is their life, they can choose what they want to do with it.

Euthanasia is voluntary, if you didn't know that.
    Yes i know. but the OP post does not reflect that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.