Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what i will need to take to my lectures. For example which stationary? Will i need a note pad or do i jusy use my laptop?
    Any ideas would be appareciated 😊

ReputationRep:
    Most people just use a notepad and a pen, nothing else. You can take your laptop, but might get a few looks unless you're studying computer science - in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people start first year taking notes on a laptop and very quickly realise that taking notes by hand is a better idea. Take a notepad, pens/pencils, a highlighter and if you are provided with them before the lecture, the lecture slides.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RebekahB13)
    I have no idea what i will need to take to my lectures. For example which stationary? Will i need a note pad or do i jusy use my laptop?
    Hello

I'd suggest stocking up on notepads, pens, highlighters, ring binders, folders etc. Have a pad for taking rough notes in lectures and then another to write up neat notes etc.

However, some people do take their laptops and such - I have a few times throughout the year. Also, at Christmas in my First Year I ended up buying an iPad Mini and it was the best decision that I ever made - it made things really easy and allowed me to share notes between friends easily and on different devices.

Best of luck
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I just took something to write with.

ReputationRep:
    pen and a piece of paper is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebekahB13)
    at the very least pen , pencil and note pas or book

ReputationRep:
    What do you do in a lecture?
    Like, I've been to lectures before, but in a lecture at university for your chosen course, are you able to put your hand up, or do you get picked to answer a question?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    What do you do in a lecture?
    Like, I've been to lectures before, but in a lecture at university for your chosen course, are you able to put your hand up, or do you get picked to answer a question?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my experience... (maths)

Can put your hand up or just shout out.

To my knowledge no one has been singled out for an answer. (in tutorials, this can / has been done though)

Otherwise sit there in lecture, try not to copy things down word for word (as in, have lecture notes or the powerpoint up if it is available in advance.. if not then you have no choice but to copy down as much relevant info as possible). If you feel very sleepy just go home, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    What happens on the first day of uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    What happens on the first day of uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you get turnt af

ReputationRep:
    Most people on my course just bring their laptops and any required textbooks/worksheets

ReputationRep:
    3 quills, a roll of parchment, the tail feather of a humming bird, a towel, 3 sets of running shoes, and a mop. Most lecture theaters don't let you in without these items

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langlitz)
    3 quills, a roll of parchment, the tail feather of a humming bird, a towel, 3 sets of running shoes, and a mop. Most lecture theaters don't let you in without these items
    How the hell am I supposed to get these Items before the first day of uni!!!! I fuking hate winchester uni not tellin me this!!! Fukshakes
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    A pillow

ReputationRep:
    A block of cheese in case you become famished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    A block of cheese in case you become famished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting snack choice..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most people use their laptops. You don't need anything but that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Pen
    - Notepad
    - Folder
    - Phone
    - Highlighters
    - Chocolate Bar
    - Water

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.