Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay, so I don’t know how but my boyfriend got a hold of my facebook login and has been secretly checking up on it…

I am really confused as to why he’s being so secretive about it though as I have always said he is welcome to it and he can go through anything he likes if he feels uncomfortable as I have nothing to hide from him.

I need to know if I’m being silly about being upset about this… I genuinely don’t really care that he’s on my facebook but I’m kind of hurt that he is doing it behind my back.

I found a post that he made about how he found me talking to a guy (nothing bad and all resolved) and everyone said to not bring it up and just keep tabs on my facebook without me knowing he has it… I don’t know whether I should bring it up or just let him get on with whatever he thinks he’s doing…

Am I being silly guys?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, so I don’t know how but my boyfriend got a hold of my facebook login and has been secretly checking up on it…
    I am really confused as to why he’s being so secretive about it though as I have always said he is welcome to it and he can go through anything he likes if he feels uncomfortable as I have nothing to hide from him.
    I need to know if I’m being silly about being upset about this… I genuinely don’t really care that he’s on my facebook but I’m kind of hurt that he is doing it behind my back.
    I found a post that he made about how he found me talking to a guy (nothing bad and all resolved) and everyone said to not bring it up and just keep tabs on my facebook without me knowing he has it… I don’t know whether I should bring it up or just let him get on with whatever he thinks he’s doing…
    Am I being silly guys?!
    change ur FB login details RN
    some things are best kept private m8
    you're not being silly, you should ask him about it - that sort of thing can get controlling/lead to not so nice things
    be careful and you have my best wishes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Am I being silly guys?!
    Ffs you're not being silly. This is an actual issue, one which if he's not willing to stop and sort out, could damage and end your relationship.
    Plain and simple - he's paranoid and doesn't trust you. It's an early sign of controlling behaviour. Definitely bring it up. He needs to know this is not acceptable and he needs to trust you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    As above - I'll be concerned that he got hold of your FB login details and went through your profile. Not because you have something to hide. But to me, it sounds as though he doesn't trust you.

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously very open with him which is good. I find it weird that you've given him no reason to distrust you and yet he is?? It's like he wants to make something out of nothing. Does he know that you know he's sneaking around? Could it be possible that he's trying to piss you off?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.