Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imagine being overdrawn by this much on your bank account!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just posting some numbers in one of the counting threads in the Forum Games section when I was thinking to myself how awful it would be to be overdraft on my bank account by the number I had just posted.

Then I was reminded of a conversation I had with an elderly guy earlier this year, who says he can remember going to withdraw a tenner from his bank account only to be told he had insufficent funds. He queries this with his bank who tells him he is overdrawn by just over £2000!!!!!!! :eek2:

It turns out he was a victim of fraud, so the overdraft issue was fixed, and he was soon able to spend his money as usual, but can you imagine how awful it must be being overdraft on your bank account by an amount such as that?!?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pugalier)
    I was just posting some numbers in one of the counting threads in the Forum Games section when I was thinking to myself how awful it would be to be overdraft on my bank account by the number I had just posted.

Then I was reminded of a conversation I had with an elderly guy earlier this year, who says he can remember going to withdraw a tenner from his bank account only to be told he had insufficent funds. He queries this with his bank who tells him he is overdrawn by just over £2000!!!!!!! :eek2:

It turns out he was a victim of fraud, so the overdraft issue was fixed, and he was soon able to spend his money as usual, but can you imagine how awful it must be being overdraft on your bank account by an amount such as that?!?! :zomg:
    I have actually met people who were £20,000, £50,000 and £100,000 in overdrafts
    many were just out of control
    first had taken it out to buy a pair of gold Rolexes
    second was spending it to keep up appearance when work was slow
    third was a watch collector who put it all into watches
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Welcome to my world! I am permanently living in the fringes of a £2K overdraft :eek2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Welcome to my world! I am permanently living in the fringes of a £2K overdraft :eek2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why though?

ReputationRep:
    You would be suprised how some people are unable to live within their means.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why though?
    I have insufficients means of getting out of my overdraft without borrowing 2K off someone :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have insufficients means of getting out of my overdraft without borrowing 2K off someone :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :facepalm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :facepalm:
    I know, I know! :sadnod:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :afraid: TLG
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by iEthan)
    :afraid: TLG
    I know. Serious bad times.

Moral of the story: Don't go to an expensive university college in an expensive uni city, and don't have mental health problems involving mania that cause you to be rather erratic with expenditure. And always keep a weekly budget very strictly, factoring in EVERYTHING :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have an overdraft, just couldn't be bothered to open up a student account when going to uni.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.