The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Accomodation: Guests staying over?

Hi, does anyone know if guests are allowed to stay over at halls? I've been told that guests can't stay longer than 11pm, however I've seen on student room that the uni doesn't really care even if they do stay longer so I'm not really sure.I'm going to be staying in Wedderburn btw :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
All Unis have that rule but it's BS. They have no real way of knowing who exactly is or isn't staying in your room. Sometimes there's a sign in book too but I never signed in the one at my old uni...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
I lived in Wedderburn in my first year :smile:

To be honest as long as you don't draw attention to it and your flatmates are okay with it there's not really a problem. I know lots of people who had people stay over (I'm pretty sure one of my flatmates had her boyfriend living in her room for most of the year) and nothing happened to them. That said, one time there was a party at the same time that people had friends staying over, and when security found out they were asked to leave, even though it was like 3am and they had nowhere else to go....

So yeah, as long as you don't be obvious about it you'll most likely get away with it. No one checks who goes in and out of the building after all :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending