The Student Room Group

English Language - So Sad

Got a "C" on it overall in Year 10 mocks with hardly any revision back then.

Year 11 comes and I revise more on English Language and I get a "D" why.......
Reply 1
Sorry to hear that, was it iGCSE?
Feel bad for ya.
I've heard AQA markers have been particularly mean on some papers.
Reply 3
Original post by AdeptDz
Sorry to hear that, was it iGCSE?

Yes.

Got D on this and literature...

Worked far harder in these paper's now than I remember doing in Year 10 mock...
Reply 4
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Yes.

Got D on this and literature...

Worked far harder in these paper's now than I remember doing in Year 10 mock...

If it makes you feel better, I done iGCSE and a lot of people i know were unhappy with their grades, even me.. I was aiming for an A* and got a B and was shocked.
So were many other people. So i'm guessing it was down to bad marking by teachers or a harder exam, but i dont know.. Unlucky anwyay and if you resit then good luck.
Original post by AdeptDz
If it makes you feel better, I done iGCSE and a lot of people i know were unhappy with their grades, even me.. I was aiming for an A* and got a B and was shocked.
So were many other people. So i'm guessing it was down to bad marking by teachers or a harder exam, but i dont know.. Unlucky anwyay and if you resit then good luck.

Did you do edexcel igcse?
Reply 6
Original post by AdeptDz

Yeah. I don't know why I didn't get a C. I would love to know how close I was however.
i did edexcel igcse and i was hoping for an A* but i got a B. I'm getting it remarked but it was a huge blow to my confidence because i thought the i had done really well
Reply 8
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Did you do edexcel igcse?

No Cambridge IGCSe or something I forgot
And sorry for late reply, not getting notifications
Didn't realise there was so many different igcse boards, so my comment was probably useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yup, it's not fair.

Got a 'D' in Maths after 6 month's of dedication.

Quick Reply

Latest