Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between Computer Science, Computing and Computer Engineering and which course would be the best to do if i am looking to work at Google, Facebook, Microsoft. But mostly i want to work at a game company like Naughty Dog or Bethesda.Which course would be the best for either of this?

ReputationRep:
    Computer science is more theoretical it's stuff like algorithms and data structures their is lots of discrete maths like set theory and graph theory. Computer engineering is more how does the software interact with the hardware like a bit programming and hardware . If you want to do games programming that's pretty different to what Google , Facebook ect do. I'd say computer science is best and look into specific game development courses

ReputationRep:
    I'd say computer science, this will teach you the very basics in extensive details.

I think it would be much easier to move to graphic design and stuff after your degree than the reverse.

If you really are just interested in making video games and stuff though, there is really good courses with modules fitted to this, I got a counter-offer after a comp science rejection from University of York which I really did consider (https://www.york.ac.uk/media/tftv/do...20Brochure.pdf), it seemed like a really fun course but my heart was set on a math heavy comp science degree.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    What is the difference between Computer Science, Computing and Computer Engineering and which course would be the best to do if i am looking to work at Google, Facebook, Microsoft. But mostly i want to work at a game company like Naughty Dog or Bethesda.Which course would be the best for either of this?
    CompSci (or Computing at Imperial)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.