Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there i have just got my gcse results and although disappointed I'm hoping to achieve even better in my a-levels.
    GCSE's:
    Maths - B
    English Literature - B
    English Language - B
    Biology - C
    Chemistry
    Physics - C
    IT - C
    Geography - B
    History - B
    Business Studies- B

I am hoping to achieve atleast AAA in my a-levels studying History, Geography and English literature, with hard work and tutors for each alevel.Hoping to study Law btw.
    Many Thanks In advance for responses.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it would be quite difficult with those grades. However if you really worked hard at a level and got your AAA then you could get into a Russel group. But you need to ask yourself: is is realistic that I will get an A in a subject at a level, when I can't get an A in it at GCSE? Sorry about that, but good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, as long as you achieve that in your A levels, you'll get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chronokeeper)
    Yup, as long as you achieve that in your A levels, you'll get in.
    Some RG unis place a fair amount of having strong GCSE's alongside your AS/A levels for LLB courses. I'll be doing Law at the University of Manchester in September and you needed a strong overall GCSE profile with minimum grade A in Eng Language and B in Maths. I have 1 A* 3A's and 5B's at GCSE which is pretty average/okish for a Russell Group uni law student, definitely nothing special. London unis like UCL/KCL/LSE place a fair emphasis on GCSE's especially LSE where you need a lot of A's and A*s to have a chance. Bristol are supposedly fussy, cant talk to much about it apart from my own uni.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be absolutely fine, there's honestly no need to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by School00000)
    Hi there i have just got my gcse results and although disappointed I'm hoping to achieve even better in my a-levels.
    GCSE's:
    Maths - B
    English Literature - B
    English Language - B
    Biology - C
    Chemistry
    Physics - C
    IT - C
    Geography - B
    History - B
    Business Studies- B

I am hoping to achieve atleast AAA in my a-levels studying History, Geography and English literature, with hard work and tutors for each alevel.Hoping to study Law btw.
    Many Thanks In advance for responses.
    You can get into a Russell Group uni with those GCSEs if you do very well at A-levels, but you probably won't be able to go to Oxford or LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humzaakram1)
    You'll be absolutely fine, there's honestly no need to worry.
    Thank you aha I just keep worrying about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieranisda1)
    You can get into a Russell Group uni with those GCSEs if you do very well at A-levels, but you probably won't be able to go to Oxford or LSE
    Yeh I understand that I'm hoping for something like Warwick or Exeter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.