judojay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am going to study Engineering (with a foundation year) at the Univeristy of Sessex. Do you think it would be possible to change to a different University preferable to UCL to study mechanical engineering after the foundation year????
Vividly clear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on your result at Sussex
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by judojay)
I am going to study Engineering (with a foundation year) at the Univeristy of Sessex. Do you think it would be possible to change to a different University preferable to UCL to study mechanical engineering after the foundation year????
You can only ask - it will vary between unis. However a top tier uni like UCL won't be short of applicants who meet/exceed the entry requirements, and with a Foundation year you must have missed theirs by quite some way. A uni will quickly spot someone trying to use a year at another uni to circumvent their entry requirements.

Your best bet is to contact UCL and ask them now. There's no point building up to it over the coming academic year, only to fibd out that they won't even consider it.
judojay
Rep:
?
What about Queen Mary?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about Queen Mary?
It will be decided on a case-by-case basis, so we can't possibly know. Ring them and ask for the uni/department policy on transfers - that will give you a start. We won't know.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why UCL? Or, from your later post, QMUL?

Both are good universities but there are others potentially more highly regarded for MechEng. Indeed Sussex is ranked similarly to both anyway.

Although there is of course more to choosing a university than rankings...

Posted from TSR Mobile
judojay
Rep:
?
I'm from London, and can't afford to private accommodation in Sussex, so moving back to London after the foundation year is the only option I have.
judojay
Rep:
?
(Original post by jneill)
Why UCL? Or, from your later post, QMUL?

Both are good universities but there are others potentially more highly regarded for MechEng. Indeed Sussex is ranked similarly to both anyway.

Although there is of course more to choosing a university than rankings...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm from London, and can't afford to private accommodation in Sussex, so moving back to London after the foundation year is the only option I have.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about your maintenance loan?
judojay
Rep:
?
(Original post by jneill)
What about your maintenance loan?
Not enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (43)
27.56%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.97%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed