Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Band/Artist/Song/Album watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine are probably as obscure as they're going to get

The track would have to be parisienne walkways by gary moore - dazzling guitar.

The album would be Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers (i'll b surprised if anyone's heard of it).

And it'd be too hard to name a single band for me

ReputationRep:
    Band=Europe
    Artist= Donovan or Billy Joel. Depends on my mood
    Song = There's a lot. Stars from Les Miserables, Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward, No-one But You by Queen, Prisoners in Paradise by Europe to name a few
    Album = Probably would be Prisoners in Paradise by Europe. The Complete Symphonic Recordings of Les Miserables if that counts as one album would also be a likely contender.

ReputationRep:
    Much too hard for me to pinpoint, I'll just have to go with maybes!

Band: very into the Beautiful South

Artist: erm....I was lsitening to Sheryl Crow today...but i dont know really!

Song: We both reached for the gun! (Chicago!)

Album: At the minute, Chicago or Drity Dancing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.R)
    The album would be Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers (i'll b surprised if anyone's heard of it).
    I've heard of the Stranglers. Golden Brown right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah amongst other things. Golden brown was very much newer kind of stuff, rattus norvegicus i think was their first album.

i probs shud have mentioned les mis in my original post too! lol

ReputationRep:
    That's the only song of theirs I've heard It's on an 80s compilation my parents got me for Xmas. Supposedly they thought of getting me an 80s CD, but searched until they found one with the Final Countdown on it

ReputationRep:
    OK after all my musicals I have to mention Disney! I am a huuuuuuge fan! I love the music! And the films! But I have 6 disney cds...its not that I'm obsessed I just like it!

ReputationRep:
    Not obsessed at all dear {pats Lil on the shoulder}

ReputationRep:
    final countdown! genius!

*realises that stranglers is actually quite old now and should really get a newer favourite album!!!

And lil - you finally mentioned about Disney 'cos i was about to do it for you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I hardly have an album made after 1991 (Prisoners in Paradise was 1991, hence not using 1990)

And I'm listening to the B-Side of the Final Countdown now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Disney and musicals all the way! {does a lil dance and turns the music up loud}

ReputationRep:
    yeah most of my stuff is probs pre that sort of time, but not all of it - shud possibly listen to some more europe by the sounds of it??

ReputationRep:
    And obscure hairy Swedish rock bands! {joins the dancing}

ReputationRep:
    Mine ar The darkness n The White Stripes n stuff like tat
    I also like the streets n Jay z.
    U know all the cool stuff

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your definition of cool

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, hmm...not exactly my definition of cool, but i weird anyway so i wouldnt worry aobut it!

ReputationRep:
    We'll be weird together then

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaaaaaaaay! I cant give u any more reputation tho i'm sorry! But you can be my forum friend I think i gone hyper.....

ReputationRep:
    that's a common occurance!!!

ReputationRep:
    Heheh nothing wrong with going hyper
    Yay forum friends!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.