The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How competitive is it to study Physics at UCL

My AS Level grades were: AAAABBC (I took some extras due to reasons). I want to study Astrophysics and was wondering how competitive is it to get into UCL to study Physics. Are there many students studying this course at this university and what else do I need to get into the university besides good grades?

Are there many students studying this course at this university

In 2015-2016 there were 2677 students in the faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, 907 of them being in Year 1.

For Astrophysics specifically there were 7 applications per place for 2015 entry. The intake for 2017 entry is 160.

What else do I need to get into the university besides good grades?

You will need AAA at A-level with Maths and Physics being essential. Predictions are most important.

They are also looking for evidence of self-motivation and an enthusiastic interest in the subject. This may be demonstrated through paid or voluntary work experience, academic project work, or your interests and hobbies beyond the school curriculum.

If you are made an offer and based in the UK within a reasonable travelling distance of UCL, you will be invited to a compulsory applicant open day. This will include presentations, a tour of facilities and an opportunity to meet current students and staff members.

If you are based outside the UK, or not within reasonable travelling distance of UCL, open day attendance is optional and a telephone discussion with the admissions tutor will be available upon request.
(edited 7 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending