The Student Room Group

Maths As A Private Candidate

I currently go to a sixth form and did the UK A-Level (AS) for maths, but i want to do C12 instead of C1 and C2. Doing so would mean applying for IAL maths as a Private Candidate and hence resit S1 and do C12, as well as M1 and C34 later on. My parents are not really supportive of this and would have me rather end up with a B, but i would like to get an A* or A. What details would i need when applying as a Private Candidate? Can i apply for this without consent from my school? (i doubt they would give me permission to do so).
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
I currently go to a sixth form and did the UK A-Level (AS) for maths, but i want to do C12 instead of C1 and C2. Doing so would mean applying for IAL maths as a Private Candidate and hence resit S1 and do C12, as well as M1 and C34 later on. My parents are not really supportive of this and would have me rather end up with a B, but i would like to get an A* or A. What details would i need when applying as a Private Candidate? Can i apply for this without consent from my school? (i doubt they would give me permission to do so).

What exam board? Each exam board has a page about private candidates so just google search that, it'll have all the information you need. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest