The Student Room Group

Need urgent job advice from fellow new graduates!

Ok, sorry if this isn't extremely clear but I'll try my best. I have entered full panic mode.

So. I have a degree in Accounting (2.1) and because of my uni exams I am actually part qualified (ACCA). I graduated in July. I'm getting interviews but there seems to always be someone ahead of me with more experience.

I have been offered a job in an accounting company, but in their customer service department! So essentially in a call center. I was hopeful that I will be able to move departments or at least gain some accounting experience whilst i'm there, but I'm not holing my breath... and they want me to start on tuesday.

Is it worth accepting the offer? I really don't want to work in a call center and not gain any accounting experience, but on the other hand i'm so frickin sick of being unemployed.
Should I take the job, or keep looking for something at least slightly more relevant?
If you need the money quickly you'd go for it and learn more accounting in your spare time
take it for the time being, keep looking for more work closer related to your degree.
Reply 3
Take it for the experience. Add it to your CV and LinkedIn profile (you should get one if you don't have one) and apply again in a few months time
Take the job and keep looking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending