The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Anyone heard from Merton yet?? Daughter anxiously refreshing her track
Did anyone get that email from UCAS about "The Opinion Panel"
Reply 2042
Anyone applying for Arabic and Islamic Studies at Pembroke (or any other college)? I mentioned a recent publication by a tutor at Pembroke in my personal statement and will most definitely get roasted by her if I get an interview...haha
Original post by SuperHuman98
Did anyone get that email from UCAS about "The Opinion Panel"

Yes I did
Original post by tudie
Anyone heard from Merton yet?? Daughter anxiously refreshing her track

She should get an email directly from the college saying whether they have received the application or not (well that happened to me with Worcester College). I don't think it will appear on track :smile:
Reply 2045
Original post by danmorris134
She should get an email directly from the college saying whether they have received the application or not (well that happened to me with Worcester College). I don't think it will appear on track :smile:

She had the original acknowledgement after her application went in back on the 13th but nothing since... everyone on here seems to be hearing from their college already.
So I suppose she needs to check her emails as well as track. Thank you .
Original post by tudie
She had the original acknowledgement after her application went in back on the 13th but nothing since... everyone on here seems to be hearing from their college already.
So I suppose she needs to check her emails as well as track. Thank you .

No problem. Merton probably hasn't sent out its email yet so don't worry too much about it
(edited 6 years ago)
Has anyone heard from St Catz yet?
I got my email for LMH today, I’m applying for Fine Art.
Is anyone else applying to LMH or Fine Art? (If you’re applying to fine art, I’d love to chat to get some idea of how other people’s portfolios are going 😅)
Original post by dkb73
Anyone applying for Arabic and Islamic Studies at Pembroke (or any other college)? I mentioned a recent publication by a tutor at Pembroke in my personal statement and will most definitely get roasted by her if I get an interview...haha

Hi, sorry if this is wierd and forward but could i ask you what your grades are? I'm thinking about applying for oriental studies next year and want to get an idea of what grades I need
Reply 2050
Original post by H3n
My personal statement was very light on philosophy (regretting that now). I did think about imperial and UCL, but the courses didn’t really appeal to me because they were heavily analytical I thought and I preferred the idea of a mixture of physics and philosophy. I didn’t look at KCL because I wasn’t keen on university in London (very expensive). I did consider St. Andrews but tbh I couldn’t see myself going that far north. All my courses are joint honours bar Manchester.
when was your Bristol offer? Hopefully I should hear from Bristol soon then lol

Ah ok that's cool. I got my offer on Thursday. What are you doing on your gap year? How are you maintaining your maths/physics skills in general outside of revision or just not?
I haven't met anyone else that wants to do Physics and Philosophy!
Anyone got email from Trinity :frown:
Original post by oliviaminor
Just got an acknowledgement e-mail from queen's college, along with a request for written work and an Interview Info form for international students!

What course are you applying for? I'm applying Queen's for PPE and I'm American
Anyone else applied to St John's?
Original post by auburnstar
Anyone else applied to St John's?

I applied for St. John's :smile:
Original post by dogdogdog
I applied for St. John's :smile:

Same :smile: Subjects?
Original post by Limpeh
Anyone got email from Trinity :frown:

Well I got an original email from Oxford back when I applied saying Trinity has my application but I think the emails people are not these acknowledgements are they?

I too, if that's the case, am waiting! Exciting and slightly nerve-wracking stuff xD
Human Sciences, you?
Original post by duncangrant
Same :smile: Subjects?

Music
Got an offer from KCL today which really takes the the stress away from my Oxford application as I've been accepted by one of the unis I'd love to go to if I was rejected by Oxford. So pleased. How's everyone's aptitude prep going?

Latest

Trending

Trending